Stewie@Antioch + what the heck is wrong with LaVergne?

nrgrizzlies

I'll stay Stewie rides the momentum of a 49-0 win to a 29-17 win at Antioch.

And what is up with LHS? They were supposed to challenge Indy for a region title and now they are not even a playoff team. And they still have losses to Indy and Summit left to go. Their season is quickly going down the toilet.

I agree with your Stewie pick. They seem to be headed in the correct direction. As far as LHS. That is par for the course. Comes down to leadership. And I mean leadership of all kinds.

Do you think Ash would make SS walk the plank? Who would want the job with most of their best players graduating this spring?

No and No. This program is between a rock and hard spot. It's historically in shambles. Losing so much and the current state says to me that SS stays. I know that seems backwards. But what coach comes there to straighten this out? Maybe a rookie coach with drive and patience. But it's gonna take a complete overhaul of the program. Not just a change in one person

Edited by milo118

Do you think Ash would make SS walk the plank?  Who would want the job with most of their best players graduating this spring?

NO, Ash will not make him walk. Affirmative Action trumps good leadership today in some places.

Fact is Stevens is not what I would call a 'leader'. Will not make tough decisions or enforce rules and discipline. In other words a LOUSY Head Coach! Oak Ridge realized it and did what needed doing and fired him.

As to who would want it, how many good young Coaches in Metro that want a chance in the suburbs are there? For that matter how many good assistants anywhere else are there that wants a shot?

LaVergne has the talent and they are staying there for some reason even though Smyrna is NOT poaching them anymore. Anyone remember Sonny Gray also played football? Check where he actually lived. His main receiver as well.

Given good Coaching LaVergne should be able to stay with ANY 5A team in this state. Especially as they are a 6A sized school that begged down to 5A when Maryville wanted to stay in 6A.

As to Stewie vs Antioch, Stewie WINS!

As long as Stewie doesn't let Antioch hang around this should be a done deal. For the remainder of the season I see one for sure against Lincoln Co along with two possibilities against Shelbyville and Summit. Haven't figured out if Summit yet. Independence will be a tough game. Gonna have to play out of their skulls to win that one.

As long as Stewie doesn't let Antioch hang around this should be a done deal. For the remainder of the season I see one for sure against Lincoln Co along with two possibilities against Shelbyville and Summit. Haven't figured out if Summit yet. Independence will be a tough game. Gonna have to play out of their skulls to win that one.

Indy will blow the breaks off of LaVergne

Sonny Moore has Stewie about 12 better than Antioch but that would be 10 on his scale with the game being at Antioch.  27-17 maybe?

As far as LHS, the roster makes it look like not much depth in the trenches.  Tons more skill position players without the big numbers of big guys from what it looks like.  Could be why things are going so south so fast.