Can Wilson Central make a deep playoff run?

zoneread56

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, not sure where to start here. First, Central's most important game is this Friday. Wilson Central v Mt. Juliet is sort of UT v Florida. You can have all the talent in the world but still have some mental to overcome. Let's see how the young men respond Friday night. As for Franklin, regardless of outcome, that game doesn't dictate one way or the other for a playoff run.

Wilson Central is deep as a whole. I however have not liked the mental mistakes when backups do get into the games. What most don't realize by just checking scores is that Central's defensive starters have only given up 14-21 pts this season. All other points were scored on backups when leads were big.

Injuries have also been our achilles. With Meadors and Bowes both out for the second half against siegel we were inept on offense. The one thing I know is if Meadors is out the O has got to step up. By stepping up i mean the receivers have got to catch the ones that hit them in the hands, and catch some that don't.

Can they make a deep run, absolutely. Will they, this Friday will determine their resilience. If they handle Mt Juliet, they can hang with anyone. If they don't, then they may still have the mental hurdle to climb when they face teams like Whitehaven, Maryville, and Oakland.

We will find out alot this week when Wilson Central plays Mt. Juliet. It should be a good game. Alot of people are saying that WC is gonna run away with it. But people said that last year and it ended up being Mt. Juliet by blowout....

I'm cautious to say that Wilson Central is good enough to make a deep playoff run because so far they have played the easiest part of their schedule.

McGavock is 1-4 and have been blown out every game except for the win against Lebanon. They will probably beat Antioch and finish 2-9.

Antioch is 1-3 and like McGavock might win 1 maybe 2 more games this year and finish 2-9 or 3-8. All the losses are by +30 points.

Siegel is 1-4 and has other losses to Ravenwood, Hendersonville and Oakland.

Station Camp is 3-2 and the 2 good teams they played beat them by 35 and 38 points.

Beech was a good win no argument on that one.

But we will find out over the second half of the season as they play Mt. Juliet, Overton, Franklin and Ravenwood. I would think that those 4 teams would also beat everybody that Wilson Central has played so far except for maybe Beech.

Can they make a deep run, absolutely. Will they, this Friday will determine their resilience. If they handle Mt Juliet, they can hang with anyone. If they don't, then they may still have the mental hurdle to climb when they face teams like Whitehaven, Maryville, and Oakland.

They need to worry about Mt. Juliet, Franklin and Ravenwood before they even think about Whitehaven, Maryville and Oakland.....

Just an example of some like opponents.

Wilson Central beat Siegel 23-17. Oakland beat Siegel 49-7.

Wilson Central beat Station Camp 45-7. Hillboro beat Station Camp 42-7. Oakland beat Hillsboro 41-13.

Living in the past gets you nowhere. No worries! Go Wildcats!

You realize that WC has had the "better talent" the past three years right? And supposedly the better coaching staff, right? Yet you do know MJ has still won the past 7 in a row? Its not living on the past when it happens on a yearly basis. I'd try and beat MJ once before I pretended it wasn't that big of a game... Edited by thegreatone36

That was surprising, but maybe not. MJ has had the tougher first 3 games, and could have won either of 2 losses had they gotten a break or two.

Now that being said; Wilson Central seemed to have more speed than MJ; so will do OK in the play-offs to a point. This was first time to watch Wilson Central, and their major weakness seems to be on the "D" side. When MJ decided to run right at WC; it was not pretty. WC did not match up well to the MJ power running attack and made no adjustment to counter it.

Was a huge crowd, and a great game.,but ugly parking

Edited by slagiatt