WK 7- Dresden's homecoming vs Trenton-Peabody

Guest hevyrevy1611

For one, Peabody wasn't very good last year and they can't be any better this year. Two, if y'all win that side there's still a big test in either NCS, WC or Huntingdon. I've said it several times and I'll say it again, something bad happened for Peabody to put y'all out last year, NCS was on a whole different level than they was.

Recruiting will put you on another level. Peabody was better than what they played. Our 2014 team would have mopped you guys off the field just as UC did. But your recruits grew up. Let's see what level you guys are on when you are playing on an even playing field. Recruits vs Recruits. Did not you guys get whipped by an average Private school that year. There is no pride in winning a state championship when you don't bring what mama brought you. Nothing against privates, I think they need their own league. Let the recruiting battles begin

Recruiting will put you on another level. Peabody was better than what they played. Our 2014 team would have mopped you guys off the field just as UC did. But your recruits grew up. Let's see what level you guys are on when you are playing on an even playing field. Recruits vs Recruits. Did not you guys get whipped by an average Private school that year. There is no pride in winning a state championship when you don't bring what mama brought you. Nothing against privates, I think they need their own league. Let the recruiting battles begin

I'm not a NCS fan, I don't even like them. I'm from Wayne County!

I can see this game being high scoring also. I do think Dresden will be able to stop UC's ground game a little better than UC can stop our offense. My thought would be put 8 or 9 in the box and force UC to throw the ball. But I don't get paid to think so it should be very interesting.

Please go ahead and put 9 in the box. I dare you..........on 2nd thought I double dog dare you.

The scariest thing about Dresden isn't even their QB in my honest opinion. It's the fact that they have a RB and about 4 WR's that will catch any ball that is thrown to them and take it to the house. They have some serious athletes across the board, and this offense is designed to use all of them. That is hard to defend at any level, much less 1A High School football! Lastly, don't doubt the Lions to grind it out if need be. They have some serious size up-front and one of the strongest/shiftiest RB's in West TN.

Not trying to predict an outcome just yet, because Lord knows UC will arrive in Dresden on Oct. 14 ready for a dogfight. I hear UC is banged up at the moment. However, this wouldn't persuade me to doubt the Tornadoes whatsoever. It's "Next Man Up" at Union City, and always has been. The clock will be their ally.

I'm anticipating a low-scoring game, with such high emotions coming into this contest.

After watching Dresden-Peabody, it's pretty clear to me about a few things. 1. Dresden has picked a good year to be good! UC and Trenton are both having down years at the same time due to graduation and injuries. 2. That being said they didn't look much different from last year, which is a compliment because they were good last year. 3. I would pick them to go 10-0 no problem, just not sure of the significance there is due to the competition level. 4. They are the favorite to get to the semifinals and at that point you'll know how good they are.