William blount travels to jeff county

Thegovernorofwillyb

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some thoughts on tonight's game

#1- Hannah's ankle is still bothering him. I could tell he seemed off during warmups. He had an uncharacteristic drop in the 1st qtr that would have been a big gain and probably a td had he caught it. However, he had a td in the 2nd half and some more nice catches.The offense will get back in gear when he gets 100%.

#2- Our QB has got to start throwing the ball away when the defense is closing in. I can't fault his effort because he never gives up on a play, but sometimes it is better to throw the ball away than take a big loss.

#3- There was a questionable play call at the end that put the nail in our coffin. We stopped Jeff Co and were down 19-17 with 3 minutes to go and 2 timeouts left and opted to go for the homerun play on the first play and threw an interception and gave up a cheap score. I did not understand that call. Why go for the homerun play right off the bat with that much time left? Our offense and defense were struggling at that point and I dont understand why we didn't try to run and go for short passes to burn clock. I'm no expert though, so what do I know?

#4- Too many turnovers.... Three in the 2nd half alone.

We need to learn from this and move on... We have a winnable game next week. Go Govs!

Edited by Governors91