Coalfield at Greenback

orngnblk

Cherokeean, i have a Greenback history ? for you - when did GB football originate - what year?

I have been going since i was a little girl and that has been about 60yrs. ago - I barely remember a game where Hank McGhee and Curtis Yates were playing at Vonore! I do remember the night well when we were playing Vonore at GB  and one of the biiggest fights ever broke out on the field - it cleared both stands - times have changes and we have become a little more civilized - now we fight with words (ha) - that night i remember Moe Hair and one of the Brannon brothers being involved and maybe Grady Thompson (not sure) but it was a sight!

Cherokeean, i have a Greenback history ? for you - when did GB football originate - what year?

I have been going since i was a little girl and that has been about 60yrs. ago - I barely remember a game where Hank McGhee and Curtis Yates were playing at Vonore! I do remember the night well when we were playing Vonore at GB  and one of the biiggest fights ever broke out on the field - it cleared both stands - times have changes and we have become a little more civilized - now we fight with words (ha) - that night i remember Moe Hair and one of the Brannon brothers being involved and maybe Grady Thompson (not sure) but it was a sight!

Ask your Dad about the fight - He might have been in it! lol 

I have been going since i was a little girl and that has been about 60yrs. ago - I barely remember a game where Hank McGhee and Curtis Yates were playing at Vonore! I do remember the night well when we were playing Vonore at GB and one of the biiggest fights ever broke out on the field - it cleared both stands - times have changes and we have become a little more civilized - now we fight with words (ha) - that night i remember Moe Hair and one of the Brannon brothers being involved and maybe Grady Thompson (not sure) but it was a sight!

I remember the one with Vonore in the early Eighties when Dewayne Spires was knocked under the visitors fence and they started kicking him and Dennis and David jumped the fence----Then it went nuts!I was in eighth or ninth grade and TSSAA threatened to ban us for three years.Then the fight at Polk county my Jr year in basketball where Eddie almost ripped his britchhes off breaking up about 4 different fights.oh my lord at the stuff we have seen. Edited by orngnblk

Where are all the Greenback fans that were talking it all week? Maybe they have realized that the mighty Jacket train will be rolling in to Greenback soon. I'd say by the end of the first quarter they will realize they bit off more than they can chew.

After BFL your not even close.LOL.I don't think we need anymore motivation after that one.You can do like Priceless and come out of the closet.LOL!

Gbnation,

I will count on it for sure. This one will get as bad as Coalfield wants it to be.

😂😂 if we do get beat tonight which I highly doubt it I will not make any excuses. And your right it will get bad for coalfield I hope real bad. After what was done this week with some of you posters. NO MERCY running clock.

Busting out of here soon & headed that way...Concession food good there? :hungry:

I've never ate it.Usually hit that market that will be on your left at the light.BEST BURGERS ANYWHERE!If you are a little early grab you one.It you where early enough I would grab one with you!Fuzzs greenback corner market if you call ahead they will have it ready!LOL