Thursday Game: South Gibson (6-0) at Martin-Westview (0-7)

NotNoahHouck

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're wrong. They're building an elementary school just a mile or two from the high school and middle school, just down the street. However, I heard off the radio that they are renaming the middle school South Gibson County Middle. I maybe wrong too but that's what I heard.

Meanwhile, "north" Gibson County is falling to pieces...

we got a new football stadium and field house... that'll keep us happy for the next 20 years...

They are building a new elementary school.

The high school, middle school, and the elementary school will all be called South Gibson in the future.

As far as the comment about the " north " Gibson county falling apart I cant respond to because I have not been in the school for several years. But when I was there it looked to be in good repair. I still love the " pioneer " lifestyle area that is directly in front of the school. I walked my kids around there and had some cool conversations about how far we as people have come in the last 100 years.

Please remember that people on this end of the county pay taxes as well. I know it seems like " they get everything down there and we get nothing " We have had 3 new schools built in the last 15 years..... I honestly can see where people that don't understand what has happened would say that. Is growth of your county and tax base not what everyone wants? Gibson county should love Medina because most of the people that live here don't work here because the jobs are not here but the county gets the benefit of all of the tax dollars from the new homes and the new businesses that have opened here. We went from a town smaller than Kenton to a town bigger that the capital city of the county in less that 20 years.... That should put it in perspective.

I believe Medina is now the 2 biggest city in the county. The school system was forced to address the issues of overcrowding in the schools down here. They HAD to do something. The middle school has 3rd - 8th grade under 1 building with 1 principal and 2 assistants.

We really are one system. People get to caught up with the North vs the South like its the confederates vs the union it causes division and I don't like it one bit. There is a ton of stuff to love about this county and that's why I live here. Gibson county has massive foot print and the school system couldn't rely on Milan and Humboldt educating its kids that lived on this end of the county anymore.

Anyone that says why didn't they just have there kids come to the schools we already had here is ridiculous. I have heard that stupid statement several times. If you had to bus your kids 50 minutes just to get to school and 50 minutes to get back home from school you wouldn't want that either. Its not good for the kids, the parents, and any sports program. ( or band )
I will not get into a debate about this over who is right or wrong I just wanted to share my thoughts about it.

Lastly... how about we talk about some Football.

SGC is going to have to play well if they plan to win this game. The records are very deceptive but I do believe SGC will win by double digit points. With that being said if we turn the football over and give the chargers some momentum we could be in for a long night. SGC has never beat Westview in Martin.

SGC 34

Westview - 22

Edited by stevenrich2003

The high school, middle school, and the elementary school will all be called South Gibson in the future.

As far as the comment about the " north " Gibson county falling apart I cant respond to because I have not been in the school for several years. But when I was there it looked to be in good repair. I still love the " pioneer " lifestyle area that is directly in front of the school. I walked my kids around there and had some cool conversations about how far we as people have come in the last 100 years.

Please remember that people on this end of the county pay taxes as well. I know it seems like " they get everything down there and we get nothing " We have had 3 new schools built in the last 15 years..... I honestly can see where people that don't understand what has happened would say that. Is growth of your county and tax base not what everyone wants? Gibson county should love Medina because most of the people that live here don't work here because the jobs are not here but the county gets the benefit of all of the tax dollars from the new homes and the new businesses that have opened here. We went from a town smaller than Kenton to a town bigger that the capital city of the county in less that 20 years.... That should put it in perspective.

I believe Medina is now the 2 biggest city in the county. The school system was forced to address the issues of overcrowding in the schools down here. They HAD to do something. The middle school has 3rd - 8th grade under 1 building with 1 principal and 2 assistants.

We really are one system. People get to caught up with the North vs the South like its the confederates vs the union it causes division and I don't like it one bit. There is a ton of stuff to love about this county and that's why I live here. Gibson county has massive foot print and the school system couldn't rely on Milan and Humboldt educating its kids that lived on this end of the county anymore.

Anyone that says why didn't they just have there kids come to the schools we already had here is ridiculous. I have heard that stupid statement several times. If you had to bus your kids 50 minutes just to get to school and 50 minutes to get back home from school you wouldn't want that either. Its not good for the kids, the parents, and any sports program. ( or band )

I will not get into a debate about this over who is right or wrong I just wanted to share my thoughts about it.

SGC is going to have to play well if they plan to win this game. The records are very deceptive but I do believe SGC will win by double digit points. With that being said if we turn the football over and give the chargers some momentum we could be in for a long night. SGC has never beat Westview and home.

SGC 34

Westview - 22

Agree completely, I don't understand why the growth of Medina is so down looked other than the misconception that SGC students only live in Jackson.

One thing at the end did you mean to say SGC has never beaten WV in Martin?

Agree completely, I don't understand why the growth of Medina is so down looked other than the misconception that SGC students only live in Jackson.

One thing at the end did you mean to say SGC has never beaten WV in Martin?

Yes sorry. Sgc has never beat WV in Martin. TYPO. 

Noah,  SGC better come ready to play or we are going to get our first loss. I just got done watching some film on the chargers and they have done some good things from what I see. They had a close game with the almighty dawgs with about 7 left on the clock in the 3rd. 

Also I am not used to seeing WV throw the ball around the yard as much as they have this year.

Yes sorry. Sgc has never beat WV in Martin. TYPO.

Noah, SGC better come ready to play or we are going to get our first loss. I just got done watching some film on the chargers and they have done some good things from what I see. They had a close game with the almighty dawgs with about 7 left on the clock in the 3rd.

Also I am not used to seeing WV throw the ball around the yard as much as they have this year.

Haven't seen WV in a while, but I remember them being big ground threats with guys like Beal.

Anytime you compete with Milan you're a good team, so SGC has to be level-headed tonight to win on the road

SGC is going to have to play well if they plan to win this game. The records are very deceptive but I do believe SGC will win by double digit points. With that being said if we turn the football over and give the chargers some momentum we could be in for a long night. SGC has never beat Westview in Martin.

SGC 34

Westview - 22

Medina's not the 2nd largest city (population) yet....in fact I believe they're 4th behind Humboldt Milan and Trenton but I believe they will pass Trenton pretty soon....according to city-data.com Trenton's population is 4157 and Medina's is 4058 but I don't know how current those figures are....

Edited by cofo