Germantown at Collierville - Week 8

kwc

Region 4, 6A game between to teams that are trying to salvage a season. Germantown has been playing really well lately even though their record may not reflect it. Germantown is 1-3 in region play with Collierville, White Station, and Arlington left to play. Collierville is 0-4 in region with Germantown, Whitehaven, and Bartlett left on schedule. These are neighboring communities so this game isn't your run-of-the-mill game either. Germantown can still make some noise in region. How do we see this one going?

Edited by kwc

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

germantown is much improved from last year but Collierville is an even match and everyone knows playing at Collierville is not easy because of the crazy crowd support but Germantown has more athletes and playmakers so I give the slight edge to Germantown

What kind of fan support would you say Germantown gives to its team at Collierville? Will Germantown fill the visitor stands? If not, what percentage of the stands would you say they would put rear ends in the seats? 90%? 75%? 50%?

I'm just curious.

What kind of fan support would you say Germantown gives to its team at Collierville? Will Germantown fill the visitor stands? If not, what percentage of the stands would you say they would put rear ends in the seats? 90%? 75%? 50%?

I'm just curious.

My little cousin plays volleyball at Germantown; the dynamics have changed greatly after the merger and the formation of the Germantown Municipal School District which ironically Germantown High School is no longer a part of. The old alum and Germantown faithful just don't support the school like they used too now that it is in the same district as all the old MCS schools. Most of the Germantowners send their kids to Houston High which is a part of GMS or privates.

My little cousin plays volleyball at Germantown; the dynamics have changed greatly after the merger and the formation of the Germantown Municipal School District which ironically Germantown High School is no longer a part of. The old alum and Germantown faithful just don't support the school like they used too now that it is in the same district as all the old MCS schools. Most of the Germantowners send their kids to Houston High which is a part of GMS or privates.

That sounds like... well, those that know, know and those that don't would say it's about something besides what it really is lol.

senator you hating on the ville......Hate that you feel that way....

Yeah Matt Shelton and Guy Featherstone have caused me to have a great deal of hate towards "The Ville"... I'm so glad we don't lose to the suburban schools often and if we do, it's now considered an upset. Thank God for great defensive coaching. Salute Saulsberry and Harmon