• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta love a newspaper who uses quotes

Then says "source" unnamed

I would be surprised if fulton withdraws

Pretty much sums up the source and the paper

I'm guessing you don't know to much about the media if you think that's not common. The law for it is called reports privelage and even in a court of law the reporter doesn't have to give up his source. The JC press has a similar article and they are part of the voting for the AP poll, so there might be more to the story than anyone on here knows Edited by Swipes

No not in the phony business of reporting

I am just an intelligent honest man

If I am using a quote it's only worth quoting or reading if the person saying it is willing to stand by it

Other than that who cares what some ball less person has to say

If your man enough to say it out your name on it!

That paper is a joke

And having a vote for an ap high school poll

Haven't seen a high school poll in 20yrs

Really could careless what some wannabe reporter in Podunk USA ranks a team he has NEVER seen play 1 time

We will know the top 10 in the next 6 weeks

Edited by CypressBend

No not in the phony business of reporting

I am just an intelligent honest man

If I am using a quote it's only worth quoting or reading if the person saying it is willing to stand by it

Other than that who cares what some ball less person has to say

If your man enough to say it out your name on it!

That paper is a joke

Guess everyone has their own opinion and your entitled to it but putting down 3 newspaper that have similar articles and have called the tssaa to get a quote from the Childress man himself. Tell coacht to take it off the article on the home page too if it's rubbish. Don't read the paper because they are all the same Edited by Swipes

I don't care what they print or who reads it

It doesn't make it true because it's printed

And if your not man enough to go public with your name with the name calling your a coward!

I wouldn't print it

Actually as a reporter I would tell my source he is a coward to his face and that I wouldn't print it unless he stood by his accusations

We are not defending someone's safety here

This is high school football

Edited by CypressBend

well considering it is a scrimmage im guessing oakland didnt run their whole scheme on both sides.. scrimmages are sometimes hard to gauge but idk since i didnt see it.. i think if they played now oakland would win tho bc being in mid season form is different then spring ball imo.. would be a very close game if it happened

You're correct it is hard to gauge from a spring game match-up. Rodgers and Kuerschen didn't play in the scrimmage due to injuries. If you are interested in watching it you can go to irishstreamingnetwork and look through the archives (they played in May) and find the game. But since both team didn't run their whole schemes probably a waste of time. That would be a very interesting match-up if they could play now.

Edited by QSouth89

I don't care what they print or who reads it

It doesn't make it true because it's printed

And if your not man enough to go public with your name with the name calling your a coward!

I wouldn't print it

Actually as a reporter I would tell my source he is a coward to his face and that I wouldn't print it unless he stood by his accusations

We are not defending someone's safety here

This is high school football

And thats why you would never be a reporter. I never said everything in a newspaper is true just that there might be more to the story that me or you might not know. I find it funny that we are on a chat forum that use different screen names and your upset that someone won't put a sources name in the paper Edited by Swipes

Well let me help you then w a little news flash

A reporter being paid money to do stories for the paper is a ALOT different than some guy on coacht. I know that's a news alert to you swipes but really

By ethical standards of the trade being paid to do work as a reporter you should do as much research as possible to make sure what you print is true . I

With the name reporter comes a higher standard than being a DA poster at coach T.

I know that may surprise you but there a huge difference

Good Lord!

Edited by CypressBend

For the record I am not upset

I think it's comical really

My point is I don't put ANY credence on a quote by someone who doesn't have enough balls to state his name with it

He was ready and jumped to do the interview but then crawfished when asked if they could use his name with the quote

Which is also nutless of the reporter

I wouldn't use the quote

Facts are facts calling a spade a spade

Well let me help you then w a little news flash

A reporter being paid money to do stories for the paper is a ALOT different than some guy on coacht

By ethical standards of the trade being paid to do work as a reporter you should do as much research as possible to make sure what you print is true .

With the name reporter comes a higher standard than being a DA poster at coach T

I know that may surprise you but there a huge difference

Good Lord!

Both are public on the Internet. Who has said the reporter hasn't done his research and that his source isn't telling the truth? That's why once again I stated maybe there is more to the story than both me or you even know. I had told many on this forum over a week before Catholic announced that they were staying d1 why they were staying D1 and I was correct because of sources that I had. Q even asked me how I knew and stated to him from alot of different sources. Did it make my statement true? It did

I'm glad you think we are DA. You might find stuff on here true before the paper even puts it out.....

Edited by Swipes