84 to 0...Greeneville?

barb

With $ backers taking a bus to Middle Tn shouldn't be a problem! Let's see!

Knox Catholic without a doubt has one of the best teams in the state this year in any class and a couple more 4a teams will be hard to beat as well.If the Devils can play their best and get a few breaks against some of these teams ,then I'm sure they could scrape up enough money to travel back to middle Tennessee and take on what the other side of the state has to offer this year.Pound for pound,whoever comes out of east Tennessee in 4A will be hard to handle in a few weeks.

Well, you can't really say that they ran up the score because kids want to play.  Everyone practices.  Greeneville is pretty much the only program above and beyond anyone else in Upper East TN.  Who could play with this Greeneville team this year?  I'd say they would beat everyone, the closest games would be DB and SH.  I think anyone else would be looking at losing.  Morristown kept it close but that was near the beginning of the season.  I think now how they are playing.... lights out.

I feel like this is the old Jimmy Johnson Miami football logic.  How can you get mad or point fingers when your kids are playing hard and the other team just isn't that good?  What's scary is aside from Morristown, the 2's at Greeneville probably could have won the other 9 games.  How do other teams even compete?  Next year, you will see the big game in their region be Elizabethan, but I don't see Greeneville having a problem with them.  Greeneville's season begins the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs, that is just the type of program they have.

Are you going to tell kids who ride the bench but practice hard to lay down? Oh don't score any touchdowns just kneel down.Don't run hard, don't tackle make the other team feel better.Let them score.That kinda happened up in Illinois where I'm from.They basically told the 3rd stringers during a blowout to lay down.Their parents were mad.That Monday 13 kids quit the team and their parents said to go find other tackling dummies

Are you going to tell kids who ride the bench but practice hard to lay down? Oh don't score any touchdowns just kneel down.Don't run hard, don't tackle make the other team feel better.Let them score.That kinda happened up in Illinois where I'm from.They basically told the 3rd stringers during a blowout to lay down.Their parents were mad.That Monday 13 kids quit the team and their parents said to go find other tackling dummies

I know nothing about Greeneville and their situation, so my comments should be taken as generic in nature.

How can a team with less than 40 players according to MP and who have won their last 3 games by 84, 77, and 70 have kids riding the bench? All their previous games except 1 have been blowouts of 40 plus. Their backup players should be the happiest backup players in TN.

Would I tell my backups to stop scoring once past the point of humiliation? Yes! If parents still got mad and I had done my job to get their kids adequate playing time, I would not care. If players of the mad parents wanted to quit I would talk to them about why I did what I did. If they still quit, it would probably be a good life lesson.

I know nothing about Greeneville and their situation, so my comments should be taken as generic in nature.

How can a team with less than 40 players according to MP and who have won their last 3 games by 84, 77, and 70 have kids riding the bench? All their previous games except 1 have been blowouts of 40 plus. Their backup players should be the happiest backup players in TN.

Would I tell my backups to stop scoring once past the point of humiliation? Yes! If parents still got mad and I had done my job to get their kids adequate playing time, I would not care. If players of the mad parents wanted to quit I would talk to them about why I did what I did. If they still quit, it would probably be a good life lesson.

Great take on this issue.