Milan vs Medina (South Gibson)

thedawg44

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to tell the whole truth Mr. Rich.  The "Media" IS allowed to broadcast football games in Milan.  Live radio broadcasts are more than welcome there.   The  only media not allowed to do a LIVE broadcast at Milan is television, or video streaming.  If my information was correct, you would have been welcome to do a live audio stream

Mr Reitz,

I will be careful with my words here. I guess your term " whole truth " is subjective and depends on perspective. So I will give you my perspective on it.

We have covered over 120 games in the last 6 years at a ton of high schools in both BBall and FBall around the area ( if you count our home base and all of the games they have covered the number is in excess of 600 plus games) . We have had nothing but welcomed arms from ALL of the schools we have been at.

The words I used are the exact words that flipper told our management in regards to the coverage in last years game.

I find it funny that Milan had zero problems with us covering SGC vs Milan BBall games or FBall games before flipper showed up. Fact of the matter I personally covered several of those games. Both on the FBall field and in the Gym.

This is not a knock on Milan in any way. Milan fans know that what we are doing is good for not only our kids but there kids as well. There is no such thing as bad press. We cover all of the kids. We have players to watch for both teams, and we want BOTH teams to have family and friends that are not able to attend the game in person to be able to watch the action live. This is great coverage for BOTH schools not just SGC.

Perhaps a few of the Milan kids have family members that live out of state and would love to watch there family member play but simply can't. Now anyone in the world can listen and watch live. This is great!!! If you can't see that your blind.

We have tons and tons of data to prove that it has zero affect on the gate.

So is flipper blocking us from doing it? The answer is Yes. Its all flipper. We never had a problem before he showed up and as soon as he did he blocked us from streaming the game.

I have several friends that are Milan alum and are great people. Milan high produces a great product with its graduates ( just look at its ACT scores ). Milan is a proud town and has every right to be. I'm certain that flipper is not something they are proud of and glad his time at the helm is over.

You wanted the " whole truth " there you have it.

GO HORNETS!!!!

we gunna beat those dawgs!!!!!!!!!!

If you are unable to to attend the game please feel free to tune and watch the game live and in color. We will start our coverage of the game at 6 sharp!

A full pregame show.

We have players to watch for both teams.

District standings.

Playoff lookout.

And predictions from your host " 2 time Tommy " and myself.

SGC Senior spotlight

SGC senior night activities.

Then of course the game itself!

Tune in and share with friends and family.

www.point5digital.com ( pull down tab window, select high school sports, select south gibson, scroll to the bottom and click on south gibson )

If you are not live and in person Its going to be a packed house at the hornets nest hope you can be there!!!!

Mr Reitz,

I will be careful with my words here. I guess your term " whole truth " is subjective and depends on perspective. So I will give you my perspective on it.

We have covered over 120 games in the last 6 years at a ton of high schools in both BBall and FBall around the area ( if you count our home base and all of the games they have covered the number is in excess of 600 plus games) . We have had nothing but welcomed arms from ALL of the schools we have been at.

The words I used are the exact words that flipper told our management in regards to the coverage in last years game.

I find it funny that Milan had zero problems with us covering SGC vs Milan BBall games or FBall games before flipper showed up. Fact of the matter I personally covered several of those games. Both on the FBall field and in the Gym.

This is not a knock on Milan in any way. Milan fans know that what we are doing is good for not only our kids but there kids as well. There is no such thing as bad press. We cover all of the kids. We have players to watch for both teams, and we want BOTH teams to have family and friends that are not able to attend the game in person to be able to watch the action live. This is great coverage for BOTH schools not just SGC.

Perhaps a few of the Milan kids have family members that live out of state and would love to watch there family member play but simply can't. Now anyone in the world can listen and watch live. This is great!!! If you can't see that your blind.

We have tons and tons of data to prove that it has zero affect on the gate.

So is flipper blocking us from doing it? The answer is Yes. Its all flipper. We never had a problem before he showed up and as soon as he did he blocked us from streaming the game.

I have several friends that are Milan alum and are great people. Milan high produces a great product with its graduates ( just look at its ACT scores ). Milan is a proud town and has every right to be. I'm certain that flipper is not something they are proud of and glad his time at the helm is over.

You wanted the " whole truth " there you have it.

GO HORNETS!!!!

we gunna beat those dawgs!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to take back what I said, you're right. Just a note on Flipper, while he had his tenure at Liberty, ePlus 6 TV station was never allowed to do games at Liberty. Why? I don't know, probably have to ask Flipper in court in the next few days! But while WNWS was allowed to do their games across Jackson (before them and USJ partner up), they were allowed to go to Liberty and call football games there. And that was before they started to steam their telecast online. I thought it was funny and curious to see that Liberty is hosting all of these all-star games for some reason. The football, basketball, and volleyball all-star games are at Liberty and I think it was started when Flipper was there (was Flipper the one that actually started it? I don't know for sure). The baseball and softball ones are just down the street (I can honestly careless, just thought about saying it).

Mr. Rich, it seems like you have some ties to the media. If you somehow have the correct data that streaming games online does not ruin the gate, try to tell him and persuade him (which you probably have already). However, I will say from other Liberty people that I've talked to in the past, Flipper has a thing where Flipper wants to do only what Flipper wants to do! Milan is an amazing town to grow up in! You get to see their city for a while because of the ridiculous drop in the speed limit! As we all know, the citizens will always support their Bulldogs, hibernate in the winter, and support their baseball team! That's how things roll there!

Thanks for your insight! By the way, just to clear up some things, I'm not by no means, a Milan supporter.

I'm going to take back what I said, you're right. Just a note on Flipper, while he had his tenure at Liberty, ePlus 6 TV station was never allowed to do games at Liberty. Why? I don't know, probably have to ask Flipper in court in the next few days! But while WNWS was allowed to do their games across Jackson (before them and USJ partner up), they were allowed to go to Liberty and call football games there. And that was before they started to steam their telecast online. I thought it was funny and curious to see that Liberty is hosting all of these all-star games for some reason. The football, basketball, and volleyball all-star games are at Liberty and I think it was started when Flipper was there (was Flipper the one that actually started it? I don't know for sure). The baseball and softball ones are just down the street (I can honestly careless, just thought about saying it).

Mr. Rich, it seems like you have some ties to the media. If you somehow have the correct data that streaming games online does not ruin the gate, try to tell him and persuade him (which you probably have already). However, I will say from other Liberty people that I've talked to in the past, Flipper has a thing where Flipper wants to do only what Flipper wants to do! Milan is an amazing town to grow up in! You get to see their city for a while because of the ridiculous drop in the speed limit! As we all know, the citizens will always support their Bulldogs, hibernate in the winter, and support their baseball team! That's how things roll there!

Thanks for your insight! By the way, just to clear up some things, I'm not by no means, a Milan supporter.

HAHAHAHA!!!! this is great.

I love the quote about the " ridiculous drop in speed limit " you should be a comedian. Man I have a Milan address. When I first bought my house my kids were zoned for Milan schools. I don't have any hate for Milan. Milan is great small town that offers a ton. If you look at my tag on volnation I claim I am from Medina/Milan TN  I'm really in the middle. Come up to the press box before the game Friday for a quick interview.

I watched the SGC - Milan Play in game in baseball and the atmosphere was just like a FBall game just not as many people. Milan won BTW

Edited by stevenrich2003

Flipper's main concern is what's best for the school...which is raising money...he was always concerned about the gait and freeloaders, so I'm sure that streaming the game live goes against his system of raising funds...

I can tell you that  according to the man himself, liberty  was able to raise a ridiculous amount of funding over his tenure...a number that absolutely blew  me away...

as far as the All Star Games are concerned...Flipper may have been around when Williams and Greene began the basketball game...but the football game was solely Steve Hookfin's idea and it was carried out by himself and then AD Kenyan Wright (Flipper and Williams had already moved on to bigger and better things)...the volleyball game began last year and was single handedly put together by Liberty's volleyball coach

Had Dr. Murray not been removed from her position, I doubt the volleyball game would be taking place as she felt that Liberty would be looked down on for hosting multiple events along those lines...such as you guys are mentioning now...Liberty wont even host the Jackson Jamboree, and they've been asked multiple times...

lastly...the All Star Basketball game was held in Ripley in 2016 for whatever reason, not at liberty like years past

not upset...just thought I would pass along some facts and inside info before this got out of hand

Flipper's main concern is what's best for the school...which is raising money...he was always concerned about the gait and freeloaders, so I'm sure that streaming the game live goes against his system of raising funds...

I can tell you that  according to the man himself, liberty  was able to raise a ridiculous amount of funding over his tenure...a number that absolutely blew  me away...

as far as the All Star Games are concerned...Flipper may have been around when Williams and Greene began the basketball game...but the football game was solely Steve Hookfin's idea and it was carried out by himself and then AD Kenyan Wright (Flipper and Williams had already moved on to bigger and better things)...the volleyball game began last year and was single handedly put together by Liberty's volleyball coach

Had Dr. Murray not been removed from her position, I doubt the volleyball game would be taking place as she felt that Liberty would be looked down on for hosting multiple events along those lines...such as you guys are mentioning now...Liberty wont even host the Jackson Jamboree, and they've been asked multiple times...

lastly...the All Star Basketball game was held in Ripley in 2016 for whatever reason, not at liberty like years past

not upset...just thought I would pass along some facts and inside info before this got out of hand

Cant dispute any of this because I only know what I know... I have stated what I know.

I can tell you that according to the man himself, liberty was able to raise a ridiculous amount of funding over his tenure...a number that absolutely blew me away...

as far as the All Star Games are concerned...Flipper may have been around when Williams and Greene began the basketball game...but the football game was solely Steve Hookfin's idea and it was carried out by himself and then AD Kenyan Wright (Flipper and Williams had already moved on to bigger and better things)...the volleyball game began last year and was single handedly put together by Liberty's volleyball coach

Your assessment as far as it went is spot on. Due to my position, I have knowledge and details about why some things are they way that they are with certain media sports situations. However I'd rather not get on hear and totally rip on some folks with the truth. It would serve no purpose.

Anyway, concerning the game, I see Milan rolling in this game. Emotion might keep SG in it early but the cream will rise to the top.