Dresden vs Greenfield/ Senior Night

Dtown364

If Wynn is out for the season or a few weeks its the head coach to blamed! He runs up the score and pads the stats for Wynn. This could or may cost Dresden the Gold Ball. Stevie Wonder could see that.

If you're going to go off on a rant, at least spell the player's name right and possess a higher writing level than a second grader. It's nobody's fault the kid was hurt in a close game in the fourth quarter. I'm tired of this blaming game. It's getting ridiculous and petty. Yes, we scored after he went out, but it was an extremely competitive game at the time. A safety got hurt for Dresden, and Humboldt found some success after that. We had a 23-0 start with all of our defensive starters, but it would turn out to be a close game. Luckily, we ended up running away with it late in the fourth. As far as this stat padding rhetoric goes, let me give you some facts. In last week's Jackson Sun, Dresser had less passing attempts by a crazy amount compared to the other QBs. There's one QB who has 25 more passing attempts (Boliver's QB) and one QB with 43 more passing attempts (Trenton's QB), while literally everbody else is either just short of having twice as many passing attempts or has more than twice as many passing attempts. The overwhelming majority of these QBs have more than twice as many passing attempts! He's also only ran the ball a select number of times this year, and the majority of those "carries" are sadly sacks. If our coach has padded the stats, what's every other team in the area doing? Mckenzie's QB has thrown the ball 104 more times, and USJ's QB has thrown 165 more times. Those are just two examples. The kid has played after halftime four times, and these stats show that in a very conclusive way. How can you "pad stats" in the first half? Now, will everbody stop blaming someone for this injury? He's fine now, and you take an understanding when you step on a football field that you could be severely hurt. It's simply the nature of the game and reality of the situation. I rest my case. Let's talk about the present and future.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's great! I had a bad feeling when I heard the news that he was carted off the field with a knee injury. Even if it didn't do any damage a dislocated knee would probably be one of the most painful injuries you could have so I can see why the cat was used. Good luck Lions, hope to see y'all in about four weeks if the stars line up!

Thanks, Wildcat. Things are looking better for us (cross your fingers), so hopefully both teams will stay healthy, and the long awaited semifinal showdown will finally happen!

That's great! I had a bad feeling when I heard the news that he was carted off the field with a knee injury. Even if it didn't do any damage a dislocated knee would probably be one of the most painful injuries you could have so I can see why the cat was used. Good luck Lions, hope to see y'all in about four weeks if the stars line up!

He wasn't carted off the field. The trainer iced it & he walked thru & shook hands after the game.

Guest hevyrevy1611

Well Humboldt beat Lake Co, so Vikings are fourth seed in Region 7. Dresden still has work to do. Won't be overlooking nor underestimating anyone either. Nobody! Our Lions got unfinished business. Do it team!

If you're going to go off on a rant, at least spell the player's name right and possess a higher writing level than a second grader. It's nobody's fault the kid was hurt in a close game in the fourth quarter. I'm tired of this blaming game. It's getting ridiculous and petty. Yes, we scored after he went out, but it was an extremely competitive game at the time. A safety got hurt for Dresden, and Humboldt found some success after that. We had a 23-0 start with all of our defensive starters, but it would turn out to be a close game. Luckily, we ended up running away with it late in the fourth. As far as this stat padding rhetoric goes, let me give you some facts. In last week's Jackson Sun, Dresser had less passing attempts by a crazy amount compared to the other QBs. There's one QB who has 25 more passing attempts (Boliver's QB) and one QB with 43 more passing attempts (Trenton's QB), while literally everbody else is either just short of having twice as many passing attempts or has more than twice as many passing attempts. The overwhelming majority of these QBs have more than twice as many passing attempts! He's also only ran the ball a select number of times this year, and the majority of those "carries" are sadly sacks. If our coach has padded the stats, what's every other team in the area doing? Mckenzie's QB has thrown the ball 104 more times, and USJ's QB has thrown 165 more times. Those are just two examples. The kid has played after halftime four times, and these stats show that in a very conclusive way. How can you "pad stats" in the first half? Now, will everbody stop blaming someone for this injury? He's fine now, and you take an understanding when you step on a football field that you could be severely hurt. It's simply the nature of the game and reality of the situation. I rest my case. Let's talk about the present and future.

It seems I struck a nerve. Could you be part of the coaching staff or even Mr Rang.? Winn is your golden goose..... I just hope the coaching staff  doesnt  cook the goose. Just my opinion but  Dresden and the staff cant win without  winn. He is a very special player.

you're right I only heard straight from peanut I mean after all what does he know it's only his son right?

There are some posters on here that get upset with others that post about a player's injury but this is the kind of post I get upset about.  I have known Peanut for 40+ years and have talked to him daily since this happened and not once has he said Dresser is cleared to play.  They thought everything was fine until the mri results came back.  They are keeping those results private for the time being.  Please respect their privacy and shut up when you don't know what you are talking about.