Sonny Moore Power Ratings 10-27-16

CU06

Highly doubt Riverdale is a 16 ranked team in the state at 5-4. There's multiple other things I could point out as well. That's why I just can't get into the power ratings. They really arent even close in most cases.

if they got beat by 4 teams ranked higher, it is very possible. They play in a tough region.

I have found Sonny Moore to be pretty good this late in the season. There are always some that don't look right, but generally I have found it pretty good.

if they got beat by 4 teams ranked higher, it is very possible. They play in a tough region.

I have found Sonny Moore to be pretty good this late in the season. There are always some that don't look right, but generally I have found it pretty good.

If this late in the season it's still placing 4 loss teams ahead of undefeated and many 1-2 loss teams? That's a problem, yes sure Riverdale is probably better than a share of the 1-2 loss teams, but no way they are better than all of them. Bogus placement. Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

For instance Hillsboro is ranked 41st and beat Riverdale? And undefeated Cane Ridge beat Hillsboro and are ranked 36th?!!!!! Absolutely ridiculous system, I apparently am the only doubter of this "accurate" system, but with the facts given no one can disagree that's ridiculous.

Why all the rancor? It’s just the opinion of a computer and has no real value at all, except for entertainment. As to your examples;

If you had to, who would you bet your house on in a game between Western Michigan (8-0) and Wisconsin (5-2) or Florida State (5-2).

I believe, head to head matchups mean nothing to these computers. The quality of the opponent, outcome and score are what matters.

Of the teams mentioned, Riverdale has by far the highest Strength of Schedule and they are all ranked within a touchdown of each other.

Hillsboro is 41st in the state, but 10th in 5A. Cane Ridge is 8th in 5A with a low SOS.

In the previous thread about this, I showed how accurate they and the LazIndex are in predicting scores. Very Accurate and Fun to browse through and I appreciate the effort.

Edited by jhilts

Why all the rancor? It’s just the opinion of a computer and has no real value at all, except for entertainment. As to your examples;

If you had to, who would you bet your house on in a game between Western Michigan (8-0) and Wisconsin (5-2) or Florida State (5-2).

I believe, head to head matchups mean nothing to these computers. The quality of the opponent, outcome and score are what matters.

Of the teams mentioned, Riverdale has by far the highest Strength of Schedule and they are all ranked within a touchdown of each other.

Hillsboro is 41st in the state, but 10th in 5A. Cane Ridge is 8th in 5A with a low SOS.

In the previous thread about this, I showed how accurate they and the LazIndex are in predicting scores. Very Accurate and Fun to browse through and I appreciate the effort.

Thanks for the shoutout! Much respect to Sonny Moore. He has a good system as well. There are quite a few differences in our rankings. If I ranked them by power like him instead of factoring in win-loss as I do then our orders would look more similar.