Round 1 UC vs Middleton

BigSwo

Okay I'm bored and I'm not even at the game. Beginning of the 2nd quarter UC up 39-0. That's the last I heard. I'm glad I didn't go. These first round games are a waste of time and are only meant to make more money for the T$$AA . It also puts players at risk of injury. I'm done.

Swo I for one have been keeping my eye on y'all and know y'all got beat by Dresden pretty bad but I'm not counting y'all out, I think y'all been just trying to lay low for a reason but scores like this gets you noticed! I think the next meeting between y'all and Dresden will be much closer than the last

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swo I for one have been keeping my eye on y'all and know y'all got beat by Dresden pretty bad but I'm not counting y'all out, I think y'all been just trying to lay low for a reason but scores like this gets you noticed! I think the next meeting between y'all and Dresden will be much closer than the last

Well I appreciate you saying that. I hope we play better than last time. It's like we had to rebuild a team in the middle of a season. Essentially that's exactly what we did and we are still in the process of doing it still. This game tonight was nothing more than a glorified practice and not even a good practice at that. It's difficult to tell where we stand. We couldn't have a long sustained drive because we scored on several one play drives. At one point in the game the radio guys said that UC had run 10 plays and scored 6 times. Utterly ridiculous. I'm very glad that we won, I'm just not sure how much it helped us. . We will have our hands full the rest of the way. I would liked to have had a better team in front of us. Like fallguy said, there were much better teams sitting at home tonight than the one that traveled to UC tonight

Okay I'm bored and I'm not even at the game. Beginning of the 2nd quarter UC up 39-0. That's the last I heard. I'm glad I didn't go. These first round games are a waste of time and are only meant to make more money for the T$$AA . It also puts players at risk of injury. I'm done.

It's sad indeed Swo...the old adage is that anything can happen on a given day, but at the extremes here that goes out the window. There's no justifying Middleton driving up there for the slaughter, and before folks jump on UC for running up the score, the last 11 kids on the roster would have beaten Middleton to a pulp running one play up the gut all night. Of all the possibilities that could have happened, most were negative. UC didn't get better...fans didn't enjoy it from either team... probably no money was made...kids could have been injured...and most important...Middleton's players are just kids, and should not be subjected to that kind of embarrassment and risk with no reward. I'm no guru, or the smartest guy In most rooms, but the TSSAA needs to come up with some minimum level of performance to qualify for the playoffs...there were some pretty decent teams that didn't make it, and I'm not here to argue their case, but they would have been much better than the sacrificial lambs that were sent to UC just to round out the numbers.

Maybe if you can't manage a 5-5 record, there should be a play in game from a different region to fill the spot?

It's sad indeed Swo...the old adage is that anything can happen on a given day, but at the extremes here that goes out the window. There's no justifying Middleton driving up there for the slaughter, and before folks jump on UC for running up the score, the last 11 kids on the roster would have beaten Middleton to a pulp running one play up the gut all night. Of all the possibilities that could have happened, most were negative. UC didn't get better...fans didn't enjoy it from either team... probably no money was made...kids could have been injured...and most important...Middleton's players are just kids, and should not be subjected to that kind of embarrassment and risk with no reward. I'm no guru, or the smartest guy In most rooms, but the TSSAA needs to come up with some minimum level of performance to qualify for the playoffs...there were some pretty decent teams that didn't make it, and I'm not here to argue their case, but they would have been much better than the sacrificial lambs that were sent to UC just to round out the numbers.

Maybe if you can't manage a 5-5 record, there should be a play in game from a different region to fill the spot?

Agree. Most of UC starters out midway through 1st quarter.

Anybody who wants to blab away about the score I say let em blab. Like Atlas said, we had most of the starters out very early. When these young guys get the chance to play you can't blame them for giving it their best shot. I was listening and got frustrated with the multiple one play drives. No fight at all from Middleton. It could have been worse and we could have scored 80 or better but Bowling took 4 straight knees to end the game.

Anybody who wants to blab away about the score I say let em blab. Like Atlas said, we had most of the starters out very early. When these young guys get the chance to play you can't blame them for giving it their best shot. I was listening and got frustrated with the multiple one play drives. No fight at all from Middleton. It could have been worse and we could have scored 80 or better but Bowling took 4 straight knees to end the game.

Peabody had them 42-0 after one quarter. We took a knee on Middle College on the 5 yard line last night. Lot of class by coaching staff. I am not beating down UC, I understand. TSSAA is full of it

Beware of the lurking, please beware.............

Middleton doesn't get any support at all!! I have a good friend that teaches there and said they considered dropping the program a few years back but the board wouldn't let them! When they came over we were talking and he said they had gotten a couple of the bball players out for football! One year doesn't help much though!! But I understand the frustration! We kicked off both times, had a few 8th graders playing some just to keep from scoring more!! It's hard when you play young guys and they still can't stop them!!! Sometimes it is just the way it is brother!! T$$AA not thinking about anything but that money!!