Round 1 UC vs Middleton

BigSwo

Alright it's here. Playoff time has arrived. All bets are off. It's win or go to the Gym. I don't know very much about Middleton other than they are our First Round opponent. They obviously are at the bottom of their district but I don't know why. Is it because of tough district competition? Are they better than their record? I do know that my Tornadoes will be ready to play come Friday night. It's my favorite time of the year. PLAYOFFS BABY! GO TORNADOES

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright it's here. Playoff time has arrived. All bets are off. It's win or go to the Gym. I don't know very much about Middleton other than they are our First Round opponent. They obviously are at the bottom of their district but I don't know why. Is it because of tough district competition? Are they better than their record? I do know that my Tornadoes will be ready to play come Friday night. It's my favorite time of the year. PLAYOFFS BABY! GO TORNADOES

UC 60-12

I wouldn't post this if there were T'ers from there...Middleton is awful. Athletes are forbidden to play football if they ever want to sniff the roundball court. Only prediction so far is 60-12...it'll be worse than that.

Guest hevyrevy1611

Its sad how such awful teams in weak districts make playoffs and good teams in strong districts are left out of the picture. Sad indeed. UC wins with 3rd string if want to rest the others.

I hate that. When I played in the 80's it was tough to make the playoffs. You could lose 2 games all year and not make the post season. However, there were always bowl games but you had to have a winning record to even get invited. I'm sure the T$$ AA saw how much money they were missing out on and decided to expand on the playoffs to get more of that bowl money. UHG! So now we have to play a meaningless first round against poor competition and hope no one gets hurt. # Stupid.

I hate that. When I played in the 80's it was tough to make the playoffs. You could lose 2 games all year and not make the post season. However, there were always bowl games but you had to have a winning record to even get invited. I'm sure the T$$ AA saw how much money they were missing out on and decided to expand on the playoffs to get more of that bowl money. UHG! So now we have to play a meaningless first round against poor competition and hope no one gets hurt. # Stupid.

Ever wonder what the TSSAA does with that money? I've wonder that a few times. But this won't even be a football game. Needless to say, Middleton beat B.T. Washington on Friday and BTW has to play at Dresden on Friday. This is bad when you're letting this awful teams in the playoffs, but you can't blame them, blame Memphis for closing down schools that just happened to be in the same region as Middleton/BTW.

Its sad how such awful teams in weak districts make playoffs and good teams in strong districts are left out of the picture. Sad indeed. UC wins with 3rd string if want to rest the others.

this would not have happened with the Z Plan. Unfortunately, too many coaches, administrators, and fans did not get it and wanted to go back to the system we now have. Thus you have a system that rewards bad teams in small regions and hurts some good teams in tougher and larger regions.