Unaka ???

Guest BballFreak

Guest BballFreak

Well i went and watched the rangers scrimmage volunteer and they look like a totally different team than when i watched them at carver this summer, they were better at carver and they didnt even have all there players. The big men dont rebound or score, the chambers kid is trying to do too much, he needs to let the game come to him. Not force it every time and pass the ball. The collins kid still looks very good. The guess kid isnt evening playing much and he looked like he could be big for the rangers this year when i watched at carver. Cline and mcinturff contribute very little although cline played well. come on boys pull it together.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In order to win one must realize who your go to men are and see that they get the ball. Since this post is from an unhappy player who's playing time is probably less than what you think it should be let me suggest the following. Coach Ensor has made is a habit winning winning 20 or more games every year and he knows what is best for this team. Chambers and Collins should be the leaders on this team. They have played varsity since their freshman season. You say that Unaka looked better at Carver. Teams were undisciplined and played out of control for the most part including Unaka. I suggest you buy into the system that Coach Ensor has installed or you might have a hard time getting minutes. This team is young but can be good as the season goes on. Ball handeling must improve. Your strength this season is in your inside game. Defense needs to step it up and boxing out is a must. Decisons are made for a reason. I will say that Unaka is very fortunate to have a coaching staff like they do. Sub-state two years ago, state tournament last season. A team this season that has only one senior. The future looks bright for Stoney Creek and I for one don't see things changing in the near future.

Guest cutnoslack

man you best be glad that chambers and collins plays hoops for you or you man would be in trouble chambers can ball with the best of the boys and collins is the man at pguard u guys have to many that wanna be the man but you cant cuz chambers and collins is dee man

It will be interesting to see how these kids mature and how long it takes them. Right now I think the Rangers only have 2 kids that are truly high school varsity basketball players, Chambers and Collins. But they will have to define who is going to be the scorer, and how they can work in Ensor's system. If they are able to get into that Ensor mold like past Stoney Creek teams have, they will be a solid team, time is the only thing relevant to how many games and how good the Rangers are this season.

I watched the Rangers play Sullivan North last night and I'm not real sure what's going on with them. They looked like they hadn't seen the gym or a basketball all Summer. It looked like they were all playing scared and didn't have a clue what they were doing. I know it's still early in the season but their going to have to come together or it's gonna be a looong season. You guys need to keep your butts off of coacht and quit listening to everything thats said on here. It's like that post yesterday that said chambers wouldn't pass the ball, well that's all it took to keep him from shooting last night. Everytime he got the ball he passed it out. IT THE SHOTS THERE, SHOOT IT RUSTY. Stay off Coacht and get in the GYM. Games aren't won on the Internet. Quit playing me ball and work as a TEAM. Quit taking STUPID shots and get the ball to the big men who can score. SOme of the guys looked like they were scared half to death. IF your coach has enough confidence in you to put you on the floor, then you need to step up and play like we all know you can. Play hard, and with confidence. You guys are better than you're playing right now. Get your head in the game and get ready to play.

[Edited by justwatchin on 11-19-02 11:35A]

I too have watched the Rangers and I think it is much too early to make any predictions but I have my thoughts about this years team.

1. They are going to have to play their tails off because they are small and must use their quickness as an advantage. When you are small you must out hustle your opponent.

2. They need to learn to box out and keep the other team off the board. They try to rebound standing straight up and this is a no no when you lack size.

3. They need leadership. This comes by way of respect. It does not mean you must be a Sr. or Jr. or the best player but it must be a player that their teammates look up too. Rusty & Cody must be leaders on this team and play like their is no tomorrow every night. They have two seasons of varsity experience as freshman & sophomores so they no the system and must make the others buy into it.

4. They must get back on defense. They are trying to crash the offensive board, yet in doing so are getting burned for easy lay-up because no one is getting back on defense.

5. Their press is ineffective. The off side men are getting beat back on defense because they are extended their press to far up in the backcourt.

6. Get the ball inside. In order to do this on their offense you must hit the man when he flashes open, but some seem to hold the ball then pass, giving the defensive man time to recover. Rusty can score but I feel his strengh will be to create opportunities for other players. Cody must shoot the ball more and look to score.

7. Respect the coaches and play their tails off for them. We are blessed with a wonderful staff, you guys need to realize that and give them your all.

Fans remember this is a very young team with only one senior. They will get better as the season goes on. I remember last season when we were like 3-7 and people wrote us off but we finshed at 25-11. I believe in these kids and I think they will respond to the challange. They play a brutal schedule but not one time have I ever heard them complain. I think their is too much pride to accept anything other than perfection. It's a long time before Mid March. I do agree with the previous poster that games are won on the floor and not on the net. Right now our coaching staff has worked extra hard with this group. Now it is time for them to step up and perform at that next level.

Guest BballFreak

Well coacht dont worry we all know your identity at unaka high. Well yesterday was the worst ive ever seen the rangers play. They all looked like they need to go back and play cadet ball. the chambers kid had about 30 as usual, hes a n excellent player SOMETIMES. He could be better. I think what kills his game the most is the fact that his dad has built him up since the first day of his freshman year. He is one of the best in the state but he needs to prove that his self not by his dad telling that and printing that every chance he gets to. As for the rangers i dont know what to tell you. Cody will be back soon hopefully. Hes a big key and Cline looks like he will be big this year. As for Coacht do you not have a life. You have posted almost 400 times i mean. do you not work, do you sit at home on the couch and think of new clever things to say. This is all for fun and if your not a coach or player you shouldnt have a whole lot to say on here. So lets keep it on the down low.

Guest BballFreak

Hard Rocket who do you play for or are you just some G that runs there mouth. I getting G from the ebonics you used in your last post. But its all good DOGG. Yeah chambers and collins are awesome players. And they should get most of the credit. But it takes a team cant play with just 2 players and collins understands that not sure about chmabers but id say ensor has made that clear.

I've seen Rusty play since he was in 5th grade and there's one thing that Rusty isn't and that's selfish. I've seen him pass up shots to dish it off to the other player so they could score. As far as his dad goes, he's just a proud parent. One of these days if you have kids in sports you'll understand what it's about. So far none of the players on Unakas' team has an attitude and I hope it stays that way.

Yes I have a life and I do work a job, two as a matter of fact and I work very hard at both. When I get off of the afternoon I spend time in the nursing homes, hospitals, etc praying with the sick and sometimes don't get home until late at night. I take the time to watch my kids participate in sports and spend quality time with my family so laying on the couch in not an option I have. I also take the time to volunteer, serving on the board of directors at the Boys Club and as President over a youth baseball league. I coach a youth basketball team and enjoy working with kids at the young ages of 10-11. It is vital for them to gain knowledge of basic fundmentals that will help them later in school ball. I am not ashamed of my identity or who I am. Not one time in my post have you ever read where I have singled out some player being better than another including the one mentioned. It does take a team to be successful, but you have to have an identity on that team. I coached for years and I played sports in college. I only state my opinion and if that makes me a bad person then so be it. I am glad that my son has had the opportunity to play for such coaches as Donald & Johnny Ensor, Richard Thomas, Mike "Acie Ensor" and Steven Long. They have been nothing but postive for him. The school is excellent and the faculty has been wonderful. I chose to keep my son in school at Unaka although I live out of the school district after we moved to the city. I have invested a great deal of time and travel to keep him in school at Unaka. I am greatful to Aaron Dugger for his help getting players that were not old enough to drive back and forth for the past two seasons. Am I proud of my son, you're dog gone right I am. But I am also proud of Josh Jones, Daniel McInturff, Cody Collins, Derek Cline, Chris Arnold, Rusty Holstclaw, Thomas Guess, Tyler McCann and others. These are good kids who are very special young men. I believe in these kids and support them to the fullest. They are all good players. I have been told I was crazy by some for sending him there but it was by far the best decision that we have every made. I am proud of Unaka, not only for its athletics but for its school as well. I am also proud of who I am and what I represent. I am #2 a proud dad, lover of basketball but most important a born again Christian, which I am most proud of. So it you want to bash me on here BBall freak feel free to do so. Let the whole creek know who I am. And if you feel you need to bash me in the future, feel free to do so. I don't try to coach the team nor will I ever. Our coaching at UHS is second to none. My post are only opinions, just like that of 1000 of other posters on here.

[Edited by coachtdog on 11-19-02 10:31A]