Unaka ???

Guest BballFreak

Well put CoachTDog. I have known who you are for along time, but that doesn't really matter. What matters is you are a good poster and there is no sense putting someone down such as Bballfreak did to you. Now don't get me wrong, I love to see dissention on the Creek, that only makes things better for my favorite team. Bballfreak displays the attitude that the ever so often Unaka player exhibits and gets everybody hating on the team just because one or 2 players had to try to be wannabe thugs (nicest word I could think of) But there is no call for what was said Bballfreak, 'Tdog has seen more life than me or you or most could hope to.

I know you were just defending yourself 'Tdog, but that was so well put I will add another good mark to you long list of good marks. :o

Oh yeah, somebody please elaborate on what happened at North Greene. How do the Huskies look? And what started all this talk anyways.

[Edited by rolltideroll on 11-19-02 11:25A]

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the good mark, I feel unworthy of such. It was Sullivan North they played not North Greene. I think they beat North bad at North last week but lost yesterday to them. I don't think they are any problems with the Rangers just some disgunted about playing time. Heck we all have been spoiled up here for many years. It will be a dogfight this year for top honors. I think the league is more balanced this season. Cloudland will be good as will University High and North Greene. Unaka will surprise people. But they will also struggle at times. I swear sometimes they play very well and at other times their youth begins to come out. They are times when they play 3 sophomores and 2 juniors alot. They are much better than they were in camp this summer but they have miles to go. I really feel like Donald will do his best coaching job with this bunch. They just need to play and not worry about making mistakes.

Seems like there seems to be a slight intent of jealousy

on the unaka basketball team? And on ur saying of whoeversbuilding this kid up why not talk about him. I always felt if a kid like chambers can prove his self night in and night out you deserve the exsposure.Seems just like you are one of those scrubs that likes to get in on the boards and bash highschools best players instead of being in the gym where you should be...........Bottom Line

They defeated South Greene by 12 scoring over 80 points in the game. Cody Collins did not play because of an ankle injury. They ran the press to perfection and played like the Unaka teams of past years. The passed the ball well and hit the open man yesterday. It was a totally different team than the previously two outings and against a very good opponent. If they come out and play like they did yesterday with the hustle, heart and aggressiveness they displayed, they could be a very good team as the season goes on. Coaches lit a fire under them and they responded to the challange.

Guest Rangerball

Where should i start? Maybe i should say how these boys that play for unaka this year are going to be so great. Or should i do like every one else on here and praise the Almighty Rusty Chambers. Well i am not going to do either. First off Unaka has a great group of young men that have alot of potential, thats right potential. You have to realize these boys came into a program that already had great players and its "go to guys". And being able to play for a program and play the supporting role on a team your fist 2 or 3 years is great. But now that last years senior class is gone the roles have been reversed As always the Chambers kid tries to do way to much on the offensive end and more often than not absolutley nothing on the defensive end.

What's wrong Rangerball, didn't you get to play enough last night in the game? I've looked back through several posts on here and I can't recall anyone excessively praising the "almighty Rusty Chambers". Rusty is a good ball player and a good kid. Obviously you have no concept of what "Team" ball means. I've followed the Rangers for 4 years and granted they did lose a couple of their go to men, but this is a new year and new players. Rusty will do whatever it takes to make the Rangers a winning team. Obviously, that's another concept you're not familiar with.

i dont know how many scrimmages theres been but ive read on here where theyve won 4 or 5 and lost a couple real bad- dont kid yourself people they still stink so this tells me that there are 4 or 5 suckier teams than unaka youll see what i mean when the lights are turned on so those of you that still straddle the fence when things are up and down for unaka i guess theres hope after all and if