Mount Juliet hosts Bartlett

MJGOLDENBEARS

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In our region no school funding is given so teams in our region play money games to give lower tier schools a chance to make money so they can support their programs. It's unfortunate that there is no funding from the school systems so it's big brother helping little brother which is why it happens so much in our region

There's no way of knowing if Cordova is better than Central or not. I do know after last year that Cordova will not overlook Central, assuming both teams advance, and will most likely be looking for revenge. However, I'd love to see Central vs Mt Juliet one more time this season. Mt. Juliet will coast through rounds 1 and 2, but Central a second time around would be worth the price of admission!

All the same that region played 7 games against 1A or 2A teams.

You know how many games the rest of 6A played against 1A or 2A teams? One game.

Region 1 - 1 against 2A and 1 against 3A and 2 against 4A

Region 2 - None against 1A or 2A and 4 against 3A.

Region 3 - None against 1A, 2A or 3A. And only 3 against 4A. So 27 non-region games against either 5A or 6A.

Personally, if I were a 6A team supporter, I wouldn't want to be playing any 1A-2A teams unless it were Trezevant.  It would be pointless.  However, in the pitiable case of Bartlett, it allows them to win a few games.  In the case of Whitehaven, their game with Mitchell is a neighborhood matchup.  There are 8 6A teams in West Tennessee, all in metro Memphis.  For them to play a NC 6A game would require somebody doing some traveling across the TN River.  Metro Nashville has 13 6A teams, Middle TN 16, so there are ample opportunities to schedule a NC 6A opponent.  Moreover, I believe there are more 5A teams in middle and east TN also, but I could be wrong.  In any case, if you exclude Bartlett, there are 7 teams playing 4 1A-2A teams.

You can make of that what you will.  IMO, I don't find it very remarkable. 

Havengrad, where did Dodson end up? I knew he was at Ole Miss for a couple of years and then transferred to Memphis; then I heard he left there. I really enjoyed watching him play except when he played Mt Juliet in 2012. That 2012 semi final at Whitehaven is still one of the best games I ever saw.

Just seeing this but yes he's at Murry State. He was at our game a few weeks ago with a boot on his foot so hopefully he can return to the field soon. That was a great game, down to the wire.

Just seeing this but yes he's at Murry State. He was at our game a few weeks ago with a boot on his foot so hopefully he can return to the field soon. That was a great game, down to the wire.

Wish him well. I understand he is a better person than he is a football player. That is saying something.

I think  Mt. Juliet will make another trip the DaHaven. Could be a classic.

There's no way of knowing if Cordova is better than Central or not. I do know after last year that Cordova will not overlook Central, assuming both teams advance, and will most likely be looking for revenge. However, I'd love to see Central vs Mt Juliet one more time this season. Mt. Juliet will coast through rounds 1 and 2, but Central a second time around would be worth the price of admission!

One game at a time Cordova......

Taking a look into our bracket I noticed we will most likely get a rematch vs Ravenwood in the second round, and possibly another rematch with Wilson Central in the quarter final. Semis look like another possible rematch stretching over 5 seasons with Whitehaven.

Wow....so i guess Cordova is just not good huh....I think you will be surprise if they play your bears in the 3rd round....