Beech at Shelbyville

FridayMainEvent

Keep in mind that the Beech QB Smith missed the first 5 or 6 games this year with a leg injury and their best RB Vanzant missed at least 3. Beech wins by a couple of TD's.

You guys know your region better than me.  All I see is a Beech team that could have locked up a home field 1st round game last week with a win and lost to Hillsboro by 23 points.   What happened in that game?

• Upvote 1

You guys know your region better than me. All I see is a Beech team that could have locked up a home field 1st round game last week with a win and lost to Hillsboro by 23 points. What happened in that game?

Hillsboro has Beech's number? The real Hillsboro showed up with few mistakes? Mental block with Beech?

The truth is Hillsboro has a lot of talent and Beech isn't built on coming from behind. Several trips into the redzone and didn't capitalize. Game could have (and should have) been a lot closer without big mistakes at the wrong time. Once Hillsboro had a sizable lead they played loose and that not good for any opponent.

Not saying you are incorrect, Beech will be favored in my opinion, but this is a totally different team now compared to first of the season. They replaced alot and the new kids now have 10 games under their belt and a pretty good young QB. Hoping for an good game.

All teams change from week 1 to the playoffs. I am not knocking Shelbyville but our region featured several preseason players and these teams up here are no joke. When I saw them they had a few nice players but the line was not great. Crabtree has a knack for finding weaknesses and exploiting them. Beech will slow the game down and just keep plugging away. If I was a gambler, and I am not, region 6-5A goes 3-1 against that region.

All teams change from week 1 to the playoffs. I am not knocking Shelbyville but our region featured several preseason players and these teams up here are no joke. When I saw them they had a few nice players but the line was not great. Crabtree has a knack for finding weaknesses and exploiting them. Beech will slow the game down and just keep plugging away. If I was a gambler, and I am not, region 6-5A goes 3-1 against that region.

I've already gone on record on my show saying Independence will again this year be the lone region 5 standing in second round.   Shelbyville has surprised me a couple of times already this season so you never know.   I'm not with any team so you guys don't need to think I'm selling region 6 short.   If any of you listen to my show, you know I've had nothing but praise all year.   I had Eddie Woods on a couple of weeks ago.

I've already gone on record on my show saying Independence will again this year be the lone region 5 standing in second round. Shelbyville has surprised me a couple of times already this season so you never know. I'm not with any team so you guys don't need to think I'm selling region 6 short. If any of you listen to my show, you know I've had nothing but praise all year. I had Eddie Woods on a couple of weeks ago.

I don't think you're selling region 6 short at all. I just don't think most people realize how tough the top 5 teams are.

Beech very well might score on every possession in which they don't turn the ball over. SC plays no defense at all. They piled 10 in the box last week and couldn't stop a FC team that came in averaging 13 points per game .Teams that don't put up points, put up points on the Eagles all year long. The Shelbyville offense is good and balanced. The question is can Beech stop SC?IMO Indy will be the only 5-5A school that wins a playoff game for the second year in a row.

Don't sell Shelbyville short here they will definitely put some points on the board against a very suspect Beech defense. The Shelbyville defense is not very disciplined which will probably hurt them a great deal but Beech coughed up the ball a lot last week. With the way Beech will slow down the game and if they continue to turn over the ball Shelbyville has a chance to keep this a close ballgame and then anything can happen late in the game. Come on Region 5 stand tall...