Smyrna vs Dobyns Bennett Round 1

milo118

Well lets face it. We're all just throwing out guesses as to how this game will go. Theres always a chance for a upset. DB has the offense to play with any team in 6A. On the down side they have one of the worst defenses in 6A. I think the stats will show that to be true. With Smyrna's QB out that should help DB to some point. So really it's hard to tell if this will be a shoot out or a blow out. One thing that is a sure thing, the Smyrna receivers will be open on just about every play. But can the reserve QB get the ball to them. I did hear that Hicks might be back at RB for DB. That would maybe keep Smyrna maybe from loading up on Maupin and give DB a extra punch. Hicks is a very good running back.

Rarely do WaCo and I agree but the offense averages 35 points a game with a low of 28 this season, so the Smyrna defense will have to play well, but the biggest question in the game is whether the defense can make a couple stops! DB has some players on defense that can play, and I keep waiting for it to all come together! As much as The DB family wants to win, we truly hate to hear about the injury to your QB! We have struggled with some injuries as well and really hate to see kids kid get hurt especially during their Senior year!

• Upvote 1

I think we still be solid on offense even with the injuries. Defense has played lights out this year with the exception of the Oakland game. And played fairly well in that game until the wind was let out of the entire team with the loss of Turner. It will definitely be different with a new QB and RB. But it will be the same defense. Safe travels everyone.

Edited by milo118
  • Upvote 1

No doubt this will be a tough hard hitting game.I really think DB can win.I wouldn't be surprised if it's a 38-35 kind of game and DB moves on to round 2.

If it's cold Friday night Clark might just fold so the continuous clock will speed the game up. Have you ever paid attention to him after a cold night game. Poor guy looks like he's been stranded on an iceberg.

Edited by WaCoJaCo

I think we still be solid on offense even with the injuries. Defense has played lights out this year with the exception of the Oakland game. And played fairly well in that game until the wind was let out of the entire team with the loss of Turner. It will definitely be different with a new QB and RB. But it will be the same defense. Safe travels everyone.

Just to clarify my comment on the question if the defense could get a few stops, was directed at the Dobyns Bennett Defense. I haven't seen much of your defense but I have heard you have some really athletic kids! Your backup QB is also athletic and can run well so it is just a different type of poison.

If it's cold Friday night Clark might just fold so the continuous clock will speed the game up. Have you ever paid attention to him after a cold night game. Poor guy looks like he's been stranded on an iceberg.

I'll have to say during that playoff game against SH when it was in the 30's and raining,I was pretty cold myself.Cold is one thing,but when you get wet and It's cold,that's something I'm not good at taking .Anyway,the kids just have to find something extra this Friday and win or not,go in and leave it all on the field.

Just to clarify my comment on the question if the defense could get a few stops, was directed at the Dobyns Bennett Defense. I haven't seen much of your defense but I have heard you have some really athletic kids! Your backup QB is also athletic and can run well so it is just a different type of poison.

No issues with your comment. I understood what you were saying.