Mr Football Semifinalists

BoardHater71

And get out of here with this strength of schedule BS too. Go back and see how much Rice has played and how much Winn has played into the 3rd and 4th quarters. I'm pretty sure Rice leaves in the 2nd when up by 50. Dresden leaves their "Mr. football" in by 50. It got him hurt this year, correct? I hope the kid is ok. But don't come on here and compare stats when one kid leaves in the 2nd quarter and the other stays in and his stats implode.

Does having the state record for total tds in a season help any

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My two cents is I think there are a lot of great players in TN high school football! This Mr. Football thing is supposed to be the best back or best lineman but boy that is kind of difficult to get 100% correct and with some of these players you are really splitting hairs. I mean how do you really have QBs competing with RBs not even the same position. Then you have to base on stats. Well there are just too many variables. The number of touches, the amount of time played, if they are a great player on a decent team/bad team or a great player on a loaded team thus sharing the wealth. A RB is at a slight disadvantage due to limited touches on a balanced team. Or a QB could be pretty darn good passer but have great RBs so they run more. It's like trying to pick the Heisman, lol. I haven't always agreed! Just ask Peyton Manning how fair or correct these awards are!

And get out of here with this strength of schedule BS too. Go back and see how much Rice has played and how much Winn has played into the 3rd and 4th quarters. I'm pretty sure Rice leaves in the 2nd when up by 50. Dresden leaves their "Mr. football" in by 50. It got him hurt this year, correct? I hope the kid is ok. But don't come on here and compare stats when one kid leaves in the 2nd quarter and the other stays in and his stats implode.

He's only played past halftime four times this year! He didn't even play in the fourth quarter against UC, didn't play in the second half of last week's playoff game, etc. He's played in the fourth quarter three times this year. He had a six game stretch where he didn't play past halftime. Rice has more playing time than him this year on a weaker schedule. Explain how Rice has almost twice as many passing attempts and over twice as many rushing attempts! Dude, Rice doesn't have half the arm of Winn. I've watched him throw the entire length of the field in warm ups messing around. He's throws a baseball in the 90's! Simple physics tells you a longer arm can generate more power. He's thrown several 65-70 yard bombs this year. Also, I wanna give a sincere 🖕🻠to the injury comment. That was at the start of the fourth, and Dresden was only up by 17 with their backs against their own endzone. Dresden had several injuries on defense, and Humboldt was scoring every drive. It would've been moronic to sub down anybody at that point. He didn't get hurt from being in a "lopsided" game. That was the closest game we've had all year. I literally just debunked every garbage, low-IQ talking point you just made. Who has Rice been offered by? That arm you're talking about should be getting him offers. Winn is also the best punter in the state. What other sports is he good at? It takes intangibles to be a three sport monster like Winn. Yes, you guys have a laughable schedule, and, yet, Rice somehow had 171 passing attempts and 83 rushing attempts. Do you seriously expect me to believe he didn't play in the second half of a lot of games? He played in the second half of Collinwood! Winn has played one full game all year. I'm still laughing at the fact you consider the "best player in the state" to be all this, and he's throwing right at 60% in 1A football, lmao 😂😂😬. Winn had better effiency as a Freshman! He also averaged more yards per game that year than Rice did as a Sophomore and Junior. Jtown, you are special. I knew you'd have a post full of laughs. WC has a decent fan base, but you're the worst person on this website or the internet, for that matter.

He's only played past halftime four times this year! He didn't even play in the fourth quarter against UC, didn't play in the second half of last week's playoff game, etc. He's played in the fourth quarter three times this year. He had a six game stretch where he didn't play past halftime. Rice has more playing time than him this year on a weaker schedule. Explain how Rice has almost twice as many passing attempts and over twice as many rushing attempts! Dude, Rice doesn't have half the arm of Winn. I've watched him throw the entire length of the field in warm ups messing around. He's throws a baseball in the 90's! Simple physics tells you a longer arm can generate more power. He's thrown several 65-70 yard bombs this year. Also, I wanna give a sincere 🖕🻠to the injury comment. That was at the start of the fourth, and Dresden was only up by 17 with their backs against their own endzone. Dresden had several injuries on defense, and Humboldt was scoring every drive. It would've been moronic to sub down anybody at that point. He didn't get hurt from being in a "lopsided" game. That was the closest game we've had all year. I literally just debunked every garbage, low-IQ talking point you just made. Who has Rice been offered by? That arm you're talking about should be getting him offers. Winn is also the best punter in the state. What other sports is he good at? It takes intangibles to be a three sport monster like Winn. Yes, you guys have a laughable schedule, and, yet, Rice somehow had 171 passing attempts and 83 rushing attempts. Do you seriously expect me to believe he didn't play in the second half of a lot of games? He played in the second half of Collinwood! Winn has played one full game all year. I'm still laughing at the fact you consider the "best player in the state" to be all this, and he's throwing right at 60% in 1A football, lmao 😂😂😬. Winn had better effiency as a Freshman! He also averaged more yards per game that year than Rice did as a Sophomore and Junior. Jtown, you are special. I knew you'd have a post full of laughs. WC has a decent fan base, but you're the worst person on this website or the internet, for that matter.

Lol dude, you really just stated that strength of schedule for Dresden is off the charts and preceded to mention Martin Westview and Lewis County in the same sentence! I know what I've seen and believe. I would choose Preston Rice over him everyday out of the week and 2 times on Friday Night. As far as the offers go, I have no clue and could really care less. And since you want to bring up the past and Winn is the greatest thing since sliced bread, what happened when he transferred? Why didn't he play down there ? Wasn't good enough to beat out the QB down there? But wait! How could someone with such great talent not? If I'm not mistaken, a few years ago Rice had the opportunity to go to Oakland? (I think that was the school) and would've tore up 5a ball just like he is down here. R.I.P ENVOY

Well, it's different for the West TN boys. It's only been done once, and that was Preston Overbey.

Look, nobody's bashing or saying anything negative about Winn, he's a great player and from what I've heard a great person. If you want to talk about how good he is and what he's done then that's fine and say you think he should win if you want but don't get in here saying Rice ain't deserving or bashing on him when you ain't even seen him play. This thread ain't for bashing the other kids, it's for congratulating the ones that are semi finalist. Good luck to all as they are all really good or wouldn't have been nominated

Look, nobody's bashing or saying anything negative about Winn, he's a great player and from what I've heard a great person. If you want to talk about how good he is and what he's done then that's fine and say you think he should win if you want but don't get in here saying Rice ain't deserving or bashing on him when you ain't even seen him play. This thread ain't for bashing the other kids, it's for congratulating the ones that are semi finalist. Good luck to all as they are all really good or wouldn't have been nominated

Haven't bashed Winn and won't but will not get on here and read moronic posts about comparing stats and schedules. Everything will shake itself out come the semifinals.