Mr Football Semifinalists

BoardHater71

Disgruntled yeah a little. Can you argue who our best lineman is? Looks like jasper has two in there.. and end of the day, the film doesn't lie, he mashed both of them plus your all state lineman in 2a.

And 62 is supported.

I've said it 100x Ishmael and Drew are the best linemen in the valley. Both got passed over. I will not be quiet nor will either of them quit doing their thing.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After 23 posts from a disgruntled father they have finally seen the light and changed their mind. Letters in the mail. Here is a novel concept support the kid on your team who was nominated.

10 bears I garuntee you beerman is drunk. I think he is still part jasperlite with all this belly aching. This mess is going to start taking away from the ultimate trophy. That Butner boy may or may not be Griders best hole nocker. That is who that Hargis man and his sports writers voted for and our fans need to support him. You think im joking but im not.

He's a good player, but like you said he didn't win. The two finalists from 2015 had the best shot. I do have a question though. You said Taylor is the best player in 1A? He is the best player in 1A and his team didn't even qualify for the playoffs in this watered down system? If this is true then something doesn't add up.

I was thinking the same thing.. most of the time in 1 or 2A one dominant player (back) can carry you to deep play off runs even championships

Great post Roy dillard. best players don't always get the award. I think sp line and Mc line looked about same that night. Sp scored on punt return and long pass to Win game. Mc scored on long run and short drive. Ishmael is best defensive lineman at Mc but not on the offensive side. both players from Mc deserve to be up for the award. I think kirkendoll wins it this year

10 bears I garuntee you beerman is drunk. I think he is still part jasperlite with all this belly aching. This mess is going to start taking away from the ultimate trophy. That Butner boy may or may not be Griders best hole nocker. That is who that Hargis man and his sports writers voted for and our fans need to support him. You think im joking but im not.

Roy, let me tell you somethin... This is most likely the best post ever out of you! Coaches and writers make this decision not momma or daddy end of story! Beerman ought to be proud of his boy, just like he should be proud of the young man that was nominated! Beerman, here's some advice.. get over it and enjoy your boys last few games at the high school level.

Roy, let me tell you somethin... This is most likely the best post ever out of you! Coaches and writers make this decision not momma or daddy end of story! Beerman ought to be proud of his boy, just like he should be proud of the young man that was nominated! Beerman, here's some advice.. get over it and enjoy your boys last few games at the high school level.

I garuntee you im about tired of hearing that mess. That Butner boy and Daniels boy are both good hole nockers. They both are in my Murphy Fair book. This individual award mess could cause our boys to lose and then our season would be over. You think im joking but im not.

Wow I was impressed to recently find out that the kid from greenback has 1600 yards rushing in only 114 carries. Holy smokes what an average. I also found out that he was last year's state scoring leader and is tied for the same record this year and he has only played 9 games due to Unaka forfeiting this week's playoff game.WOW

Great running back!

With all due respect, I highly and humbly beg to differ. On Winn's mid-season highlights, he has longer passes than the other kid . You can watch the two in warm ups and know who has the better arm. That right arm of his has landed him several Division 1 scholarships in two sports. As I said yesterday, it's common sense the longer body and arm can generate more torque and power. This was once on Sports Science, and they also found taller QBs throw faster (since their release point is higher). Secondly, the completion percentage differential puts to rest the accuracy argument. A 17% difference clearly shows something is going on, and we've had a problem dropping passes this year. 27 incompletions in a regular season is an unheard of statistic. That's about as accurate as it gets. And as far as the height thing, that's a little too anecdotal for me. I don't think he's even that tall with cleats on. He was significantly and a lot shorter than Winn last year when standing side by side with him. I wouldn't even guess him to be that tall with how he looks on film in comparison to Winn. I definitely believe his weight based off what I've seen. It wouldn't surprise me if he's still around 220 lbs. I'm just analyzing things based off what I've seen, nothing but respect here. I just think if anybody is 6"2 and has that kind've arm and accuracy (considering they were a four year starter), they'd at least be a one or two star recruit at the very least. I'm a member of many college team forums, and that's something that's impossible to go under the radar. I understand your son plays for WC, and you're very supportive (as you should be). I'm just respectfully trying to see if my suspicions are reasonable in comparison to yours. People have been too sensitive on here lately, lol. I used to be on Coach T a long time ago and forgot my info. Just look up the Dresden vs South Fulton thread from 2003 (I believe that's when it was). That's when I had enough of this site for a while. Competing towns and schools lead to a lot of tension on here, but I try to call things fairly and to avoid that kind've thing that happened in the thread I mentioned. Good luck to you guys and your son the rest of the season, Wildcat.

Did you proof read this and send it to your publisher.

Great post Roy dillard. best players don't always get the award. I think sp line and Mc line looked about same that night. Sp scored on punt return and long pass to Win game. Mc scored on long run and short drive. Ishmael is best defensive lineman at Mc but not on the offensive side. both players from Mc deserve to be up for the award. I think kirkendoll wins it this year

Just going on SP Mc game 40 best lb on field that night

I respect everyone's opinion on here but if we all agreed all the time it wouldn't be any fun. You really can't understand the caliber of player or his abilitys unless you see Rice play in person and the heart he plays with, the best word I can use to describe him is winner, the kid is just that, a winner. No feelings hurt here, good luck to y'all the rest of the way

I think it's safe to say the horse has been beat to death when we start having essay-length posts arguing about the height of a player, and the overall importance of height to the quarterback position. Woof.

Did you proof read this and send it to your publisher.

I apologize you don't like to read. Unfortunately, social media has trained people to have shorter attention spans. Nobody reads books anymore. There have been just as long of posts in this thread. Also, the height thing was just briefly covered and grossly misrepresents the focus of my post. I'll make sure to keep my posts to a few characters from now on, just the way you like it. Wildcat, I've mentioned on here a few times I have watched him play. Thank you for the kind words. I'm also cheering you guys on and good luck! Edited by Envoy

Guest hevyrevy1611

I like the way Envoy thinks. He's an analyst of the game & of players. Also others too. Some folk just wanna stir the pot & be the antagonist of whatever said. And Envoy 1,000,000% correct on people's brains & attention spans being shortened & shallow by TV, social media, gaming devices, etc. I've found readers are leaders, & leaders are readers. Not many around anymore.

But we need to be honest here folks. If we wanted to read war and peace again doubt it would be on coach T. We can get our point across within a paragraph or two. As far as breaking down the mechanics of every football player nominated we should really leave that to the college scouts looking at these players. But what do I know I'm part of the Florida HS fan base. Yes you are welcome we elected your next president.