Farragut @ Rhea County

ADS1

First I wanna say congrats to the Admirals on advancing to the quarterfinals. They came in very well coached and had a great game plan. You hear a lot about the quterback and he is good but IMO the RB #1 Hardin was the stud last night on both sides of the ball, especially on offense.

The Eagle's secondary issues finally caught up to them last night as most though it eventually would. The pass rush has helped to minimize the consequences of the poor coverage all season but Farragut's running game was good enough to keep them in good down and distance and to keep the Eagles defense guessing all night.

The Owls vs Admirals should be a ckassic, best wishes to both.

I agree the officials were way to involved in the game last night and while they were attemping to "control" everything it almost got out of hand. It was bad on both sides and there was a couple of unusual calls. I don't believe it affected the outcome of the game but it was poor officiating at best.

Some have commented on the behavior of the Eagle player at the end of the game and while i wouldn't go so far as to say "embarrassing" it was unfortunate and disappointing to see. However, as someone else posted these are kids and sportsmanship is something that is coached just like the Xs and Os. I would expect the coaches will take this opportunity to coach him on this point as they would anything else. As us older folks know things in life and the real world don't always go to plan and sometimes it feels like people are out to get you, well one of the benefits of high school sports is learing to deal with adversity when it smacks you in the face. He will be fine.

Thanks to a great bunch of seniors for always giving 100% and helping to lay the foundation of this program.

Great job this season Eagles keep your heads up and GO EAGLES!

Good post

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RCfan good post and I agree with most of what you said but in my opinion sportsmanship starts in the pee wee leagues and by the 12 game of the season should be instilled in the players. I do not think you wait until after the fact to teach. Also unsportsmanlike penaltys has plagued us all year and last year for that matter and in a close game it makes a difference. The last touchdown Farragut scored was a fourth and one from the one would they scored forth and 15 ? Whom knows maybe maybe not. The point is my opinion the coaching staff has let it go for so long it is a problem and to me that and the way some kids acted was embarrassing. Hopefully they will learn from it and get better that's all you can hope for. Still proud of the team and look forward to a good off season and can't wait until next year.

The refs were flag happy, called way too many penalties, and wanted to "control the game" way too much, but they were pretty even to both sides. They had very little to do with the outcome of this game. Our pass coverage has been lacking against the deep ball all year and Farragut took advantage of it on numerous occasions. We also fumbled either 3 or 4 snaps from center, had a punt blocked, gave up a fake punt, had a failed 2 point conversion, were stopped 3 times on 4th down, and missed an onside kick. You don't have all those things go against you and win in the 2nd round of the playoffs against a quality opponent. That's just the way it is. AND the last TD as was posted earlier was handed to them when we had a total meltdown and all control was lost. Getting a player flagged repeatedly and thrown out for unsportsmanlike conduct is never acceptable. The only reason you get that call is when you are intentionally running your mouth and that is NEVER acceptable. Then after being thrown out, the coaches did not get that player off the field, allowed him to stay on the sideline until we got another penalty. This was followed by the most disrespectful thing I have ever seen by a Rhea County player. Taking off the jersey, throwing it on the ground, and leaving it there as he walked off was embarrassing and disrespectful to our program, the school, the fans, and the entire community. Kid or not, other than never being able to put on a Rhea County uniform again, there is not a punishment fitting of that kind of behavior. All these things happening in one game in the 2nd round of the playoffs and we really couldn't expect to have won. That is the horrible truth. Most teams would be blown out by that kind of competition with that kind of behavior and that many mistakes and I guess that speaks volumes for just how good we really were this year and just how hard our boys really play.

The refs were flag happy, called way too many penalties, and wanted to "control the game" way too much, but they were pretty even to both sides. They had very little to do with the outcome of this game. Our pass coverage has been lacking against the deep ball all year and Farragut took advantage of it on numerous occasions. We also fumbled either 3 or 4 snaps from center, had a punt blocked, gave up a fake punt, had a failed 2 point conversion, were stopped 3 times on 4th down, and missed an onside kick. You don't have all those things go against you and win in the 2nd round of the playoffs against a quality opponent. That's just the way it is. AND the last TD as was posted earlier was handed to them when we had a total meltdown and all control was lost. Getting a player flagged repeatedly and thrown out for unsportsmanlike conduct is never acceptable. The only reason you get that call is when you are intentionally running your mouth and that is NEVER acceptable. Then after being thrown out, the coaches did not get that player off the field, allowed him to stay on the sideline until we got another penalty. This was followed by the most disrespectful thing I have ever seen by a Rhea County player. Taking off the jersey, throwing it on the ground, and leaving it there as he walked off was embarrassing and disrespectful to our program, the school, the fans, and the entire community. Kid or not, other than never being able to put on a Rhea County uniform again, there is not a punishment fitting of that kind of behavior. All these things happening in one game in the 2nd round of the playoffs and we really couldn't expect to have won. That is the horrible truth. Most teams would be blown out by that kind of competition with that kind of behavior and that many mistakes and I guess that speaks volumes for just how good we really were this year and just how hard our boys really play.

THE RHEA COUNTY EAGLES HAD A GREAT SEASON. ALOT OF EMOTIONS WERE SHOWN BY SOME KIDS THAT ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT THE GAME. MAKE UP YOUR MIND ARE THEY SOFT FOR SHOWING NO EMOTIONS OR EMBARRASSING FOR LOOSING THEIR COOL? WHO ARE THEY EMBARRASSING? THE ONES WHO SIT UP IN THE STANDS AND WATCH THEM TAKE A POUNDING WHILE YOU CRITICIZE ERRTHING THEY DO IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT? OR BECAUSE THEY DON'T ACT LIKE YOU WANT THEM TO IN A LOSS? ERRBODY DON'T TAKE LOSING WELL. THESE WERE KIDS TRYING TO GET A WIN FOR THEIR SCHOOL AND COMMUNITY AND SEEMS LIKE THE OFFICIATING WENT OVERBOARD. VERY UNFAIR TO CALL IT EMBARRASSING WHEN ALL THEY TRY TO DO IS WIN AND HAVE BEEN WINNING GAMES IN THE SAME WAY THEY LOST BUT ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE.I'M SURE THE KIDS HAVE CALMED DOWN AND REALIZED THAT IT WAS IN THE HEAT OF THE MOMENT. ADULTS DON'T REALIZE THAT THEY WERE KID'S BEFORE. AND THE ONES THAT DIDN'T HAVE A COMPETITIVE EDGE TO THEM WERE PROBABLY DOING THE SAME THING...SITTING IN THE STANDS CRITICAL OF THAT TYPE OF ATTITUDE THEY WISH THEY HAD.

#LOP GO EAGLES!

#HATE TO LOSE

#YOU MAD

RHEA DA GUTTS PHYSICALLY WORE YOU DOWN WITH THEIR GROUND GAME WHICH IS WHAT YOU USUALLY DO TO ERRBODY. THAT BACKUP QB THREW A BOMB IN THE END AND HE LOOKED GOOD WILL HE BE BACK? HE MAY HELP THE PASSING GAME. AS MANY PENALTIES OR WHATEVER YOU STILL WERE IN THAT GAME AND ONLY LOST BY 3.I FELT THE SAME WAY LAST SEASON WHEN WE LOST BY 1 POINT AFTER ALL THE TIMES RHEA PUT THE BALL ON THE GROUND AND WE COULDN'T SCORE.