Farragut @ Rhea County

ADS1

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Proud of the Eagles this year! They showed no quit tonight, and that is something that I can look to. Never have I seen Rhea County quit and I sure as heck didn't tonight. Those seniors gave us something to be proud of. As Coach said, it's up to the younger guys now to carry the torch and build upon the foundation these seniors have worked so hard to build over the last four years. See y'all next year! I can and will say it is great to be a Rhea County Eagle!

I played 3.5 seasons on the varsity squad and never had a personal foul so I'm speaking from experience. If I could do it as a TE and Safety, surely these young men can do the same.

This was more than losing a temper or being frustrated. A player threw his helmet, his gloves, then bumped a ref. After he was ejected he took off his jersey and threw it on the field. That is total disrespect.

Farragut radio guy had it about 16 to 14 in terms of penalties iirc. Yards were about the same, 115-130ish each. It wasn't one sided with all of the flags that's for sure. Just watch the game on Rhea's youtube. I didn't get to watch the end, so it will be nice to go watch the ending. Sad to hear how out of control it got, but honestly, it was on the verge last year too.

Edited by ihavenofriendzz

First I wanna say congrats to the Admirals on advancing to the quarterfinals. They came in very well coached and had a great game plan. You hear a lot about the quterback and he is good but IMO the RB #1 Hardin was the stud last night on both sides of the ball, especially on offense.

The Eagle's secondary issues finally caught up to them last night as most though it eventually would. The pass rush has helped to minimize the consequences of the poor coverage all season but Farragut's running game was good enough to keep them in good down and distance and to keep the Eagles defense guessing all night.

The Owls vs Admirals should be a ckassic, best wishes to both.

I agree the officials were way to involved in the game last night and while they were attemping to "control" everything it almost got out of hand. It was bad on both sides and there was a couple of unusual calls. I don't believe it affected the outcome of the game but it was poor officiating at best.

Some have commented on the behavior of the Eagle player at the end of the game and while i wouldn't go so far as to say "embarrassing" it was unfortunate and disappointing to see. However, as someone else posted these are kids and sportsmanship is something that is coached just like the Xs and Os. I would expect the coaches will take this opportunity to coach him on this point as they would anything else. As us older folks know things in life and the real world don't always go to plan and sometimes it feels like people are out to get you, well one of the benefits of high school sports is learing to deal with adversity when it smacks you in the face. He will be fine.

Thanks to a great bunch of seniors for always giving 100% and helping to lay the foundation of this program.

Great job this season Eagles keep your heads up and GO EAGLES!