Smith County Coaching

zoneread56

This is pathetic I'm sorry..

list of failures under the 2013 to present regime:

Losing to cannon, no playoff wins, no region titles, losing record in 2014, lost the gville streak, not competitive in games where teams have a little better talent, and choking in big time games

Just wondering how much longer the smith county faithful will put up with this bc from what I here the fan support and crowd is dwindling away rapidly (especially at the hole) after the egg that was layed tonight it has to be at least thought about bc it's obvious this isn't the SC under Maynard who year in year out hade guys playing hard and coached up and constantly was in the playoffs and had the guys had a certain swag about them, now the players don't have it anymore. I just don't get it

I don't believe the HC will be let go. There may be changes in the staff,and I can't speak to whether or not the HC may resign, but I don't believe he will be forced to do anything except show up and be ready to work toward progressing and making the program better. I will add that I believe there have been successes under the current regime.

I don't believe the HC will be let go. There may be changes in the staff,and I can't speak to whether or not the HC may resign, but I don't believe he will be forced to do anything except show up and be ready to work toward progressing and making the program better. I will add that I believe there have been successes under the current regime.

name the successes bc I don't see them

name the successes bc I don't see them

From the best I can tell:

1. All players have graduated

2. The program has not been cited with a single TSSAA violation

3. The staff has stressed the importance of sportsmanship

4. No unsportsmanlike penalties( may be redundant of # 3)

5. The players have represented their school respectfully on public appearances ( Actually heard that they had been commended for behavior on 2 separate occasions while visiting restaurants)

Did you see those successes?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Coalfield definitely isn't the same team they've had the past few years. They are still the favorites to make it out of their region because of their pitching. They have 1 arm that sits low to mid 80s and 2 other arms that are mid to high 70s with good off speed stuff. If you can avoid their top 3 bats in their lineup then you have a shot to beat them. Their 4-9 hitters are average at best. Wartburg's ace was able to shut them down last week in the game Wartburg won 4-2. 
    • It is the longest season. Plus, 30 games a year. No Christmas break. I would say basketball is the most time consuming. 
    • No movement on Chester? South Gibson? Gibson County?
    • Winfree's senior year was the season she needed to secure more college interest. That opportunity was taken away from her. A lot of false assumptions can be made about what happened and what the options are. Unfortunately, the former coach and administration did not allow Winfree to have due process. A lawsuit was filed for a reason, and it will run its course by people who conduct discovery and take depositions. Unless the parties settle out of court, a lot of the pertinent issues will come to the public surface. I wrote about many of the issues here: https://bdnewsletter.news/2023/11/17/grounds-for-investigation-and-suspension/ I interviewed Winfree after she was dismissed from the team and wrote about it here: https://bdnewsletter.news/2023/12/01/a-new-interview-with-sable-winfree/ Winfree had been on teams in Warren County since the fourth grade and never been dismissed from a team. The real questions are why was Winfree dismissed from the team, and why the administration backed a coach whom they did not rehire.
    • What is the hold up here? I have not heard anything in weeks. Are they waiting for the right person or is something else going on?