Mount Juliet hosts Ravenwood

MJGOLDENBEARS

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think so. Cordova will likely pick either one of them off next week

The word likely isn't needed yet, Cordova has played no common opponents to MJ, there's literally no telling how that game could turn out. We have a Mr football finalist on our OLine along with one of the biggest overall Olines in the state. Its not the same MJ team as the last 3 years.

The word likely isn't needed yet, Cordova has played no common opponents to MJ, there's literally no telling how that game could turn out. We have a Mr football finalist on our OLine along with one of the biggest overall Olines in the state. Its not the same MJ team as the last 3 years.

Then this ought to really be interesting because the Cordova D-line has two big ole studs that were highly sought after to the point that both gave verbal committments during the summer to two different D-1 programs. DT, Braylon Brown, 6'-4", 260 lbs, is committed to play next year at the University of Memphis. The other DT, Quintin Bohanna, 6'-4" 300 lbs has committed to play next year at the University of Kentucky. Those two guys anchor a Cordova defense that is wickedly stingy!

I mean ... if that game were to ever materialize. You have to play the games first.

Edited by kwc

Then this ought to really be interesting because the Cordova D-line has two big ole studs that were highly sought after to the point that both gave verbal committments during the summer to two different D-1 programs. DT, Braylon Brown, 6'-4", 260 lbs, is committed to play next year at the University of Memphis. The other DT, Quintin Bohanna, 6'-4" 300 lbs has committed to play next year at the University of Kentucky. Those two guys anchor a Cordova defense that is wickedly stingy!

I mean ... if that game were to ever materialize. You have to play the games first.

Sounds like a great matchup, DJ Delfendahl listed at 6'5 270 committed to MTSU, and also Justin Satterfield listed at 6'7 310 uncommitted with offers from UT Martin, Austin Peay, Georgia State, Jackson State and more to come. The average weight on the line is right around 275. I'm hoping for the Cordova matchup.

Mid Ten football > Memphis (exception whitehaven)

Except when White Station won it all in 2009. Don't forget that one too. I mean ... give the Memphis teams the credit they deserve since you think the middle of the state is better then the Memphis teams. Other then Whitehaven, as you say.

However, in 6A, since the inception of 6A, there have been 6 championship games played. Memphis teams have made it to three. Won two of the three. Middle TN has made it three times. Won one of the three. Seems to me, in that regard .... Memphis > Mid Ten Football. (Exception Ravenwood)

One could look at it like that if they wished. 

Edited by kwc

Except when White Station won it all in 2009. Don't forget that one too. I mean ... give the Memphis teams the credit they deserve since you think the middle of the state is better then the Memphis teams. Other then Whitehaven, as you say.

However, in 6A, since the inception of 6A, there have been 6 championship games played. Memphis teams have made it to three. Won two of the three. Middle TN has made it three times. Won one of the three. Seems to me, in that regard .... Memphis > Mid Ten Football. (Exception Ravenwood)

One could look at it like that if they wished. 

Short-term memory loss... Ravenwood is the only "Middle TN" school to win the 6A crown so far. I would have Thought Rutherford Co. would have broke through once by now. :rolleyes:  :popcorneater: