CLINTON DRAGONS 2017?

92Dragon

City owns the field not the school system. It makes since with all the use by rec and middle school teams, but it might come at the expense of a city rec maintenance person losing their job. Hard to justify all of the staff they already have.

Does anyone remember the muddy mess the field was back around 2009? I love playing on grass, but it would make sense to add turf in my opinion.

Does anyone remember the muddy mess the field was back around 2009? I love playing on grass, but it would make sense to add turf in my opinion.[/quote

Yes they let a bunch of rec games play on a wet field early in the season and they never recovered. They also left the field drains covered and the water backed up.

Does anyone remember the muddy mess the field was back around 2009? I love playing on grass, but it would make sense to add turf in my opinion.[/quote

Yes they let a bunch of rec games play on a wet field early in the season and they never recovered. They also left the field drains covered and the water backed up.

A team out of North Carolina was here one Friday night when it was raining and instead of re rescheduling the game, they went ahead and played it that night on the wet field. Our field never recovered from there on out. It was in horrible condition the rest of the season and into the playoffs.

Turf would be nice but I could go either way on that, as a fan. I'm sure it's on the to do list. Seeing some paint in the endzones would be cool. The bathrooms could use a touch up though. Yikes.

I agree. Bathrooms and Locker rooms need some serious attention before we need turf. Spring Practice starts Monday!