Regions Announced: 4A

BoardHater71

Tad, you all moved up for what? Dont blame AC for staying where they should be. What is everyone running from? AC, Alcoa? Cant wait to see who you you all schedule for non district games.

It wont be issue  -- 6 region games ... 1 with AE  ... so that just leaves 3 more ... why would anyone run from AC ? LOL 

Who would be chickening out playing by moving up ???? And yes Alcoa ran from us back then  ..Alcoa had no intention of moving up . I was just saying that AC would have surely enjoyed playing local teams better than a bunch from Chattanooga ... Fulton moved for that reason ... ddint want to tyravel to Chattanooga or middle Tn and then still have to get 5 or 6 non region games ... it was no brainer.  Good Luck AC  .. enjoy the bus rides .. 

Just giggin' you a little Tadvols.

Just giggin' you a little Tadvols.

NO Problem ... always respected AC and its coaches .. they were the only team that would scrimmage Fulton when we werent playing each other .. if hadnt been for them .. never could have had any scrimmage games .. hats off to Coach Gilliam ..I know he and Coach Black have a good relationship 

• Upvote 1

Tad, you all moved up for what? Dont blame AC for staying where they should be. What is everyone running from? AC, Alcoa? Cant wait to see who you you all schedule for non district games.

I'm pretty sure it had everything to do with travel. Same reason why Central and Carter made the move up. The Knox County teams also have the "benefit" of a KCS rule which requires teams that share bye weeks to schedule one another for non-region games. As a result, travel is minimal for just about every KCS school that isn't in 6A (or named AE).

I doubt Fulton will have any trouble getting 4 more games; one will definitely be AE. I think they can get 3 games somewhere else (Carter, Gibbs, Central, Halls, SD, Bearden, Farragut, HVA).

I'm pretty sure it had everything to do with travel. Same reason why Central and Carter made the move up. The Knox County teams also have the "benefit" of a KCS rule which requires teams that share bye weeks to schedule one another for non-region games. As a result, travel is minimal for just about every KCS school that isn't in 6A (or named AE).

I doubt Fulton will have any trouble getting 4 more games; one will definitely be AE. I think they can get 3 games somewhere else (Carter, Gibbs, Central, Halls, SD, Bearden, Farragut, HVA).

That is nice knox county schools can schedule each other.  AC will need to find 2 games 6 District games Clinton and Oak Ridge. With AC record the last two years it should be easy to find 2 games...lol We will have 3 long bus rides each year...

Who would be chickening out playing by moving up ???? And yes Alcoa ran from us back then  ..Alcoa had no intention of moving up . I was just saying that AC would have surely enjoyed playing local teams better than a bunch from Chattanooga ... Fulton moved for that reason ... ddint want to tyravel to Chattanooga or middle Tn and then still have to get 5 or 6 non region games ... it was no brainer.  Good Luck AC  .. enjoy the bus rides .. 

It wont be issue  -- 6 region games ... 1 with AE  ... so that just leaves 3 more ... why would anyone run from AC ? LOL 

Im just messing  around ...lol AC will need to find 2 games after the 6 district games and Oak Ridge and Clinton. For the 3 long road trip games im sure AC will take charter busses and kids will get out of school 1/2 day...

Should be fun when everyone starts filling in the schedules. Do you know when they set the district schedules?

What do y'all know about Nolensville that makes you think that? Just curious because I'm not familiar with that school, other than they had the one game on TV this year.

I think it is because all of the athletes that made Ravenwood so good these last few years are now at Nolensville. Hester wouldn't have left Ravenwood for a brand new school if there weren't going to be some serious players there. I think they also have a young QB who has the chance to be something special.

I don't think they'll be in 4A past 2018 though. I think there was a rule that allowed Summitt to be bumped up before the classification period ended because the school had gotten so big so quickly. I could be way off on that one though.