Regions Announced: 4A

BoardHater71

Why would Anderson Co not be in Region 3? Every road game except 1 will be a 2 hour trip or more. Other than time zones that one doesn't make since to me

I did a quick google map search, and the longest drive AC has in their new region is 1 hour and 58 minutes (Hixson and East Ridge). Travel to Macon Co is almost 2 hours and 45 minutes (DeKalb is over 2 hours as well). Either way, AC was going to get the short end of the stick because Central, Carter, and Fulton all chose to move up.

I did a quick google map search, and the longest drive AC has in their new region is 1 hour and 58 minutes (Hixson and East Ridge). Travel to Macon Co is almost 2 hours and 45 minutes (DeKalb is over 2 hours as well). Either way, AC was going to get the short end of the stick because Central, Carter, and Fulton all chose to move up.

Its not bad at all. AC will have 3 long trips each year (around 2hr drive) Looking forward to the season.

Tad did you see AC's schedule the past two years.  Played Greeneville, Oak Ridge, Fulton, Central and Catholic.  AC not afraid of step up, we have been stepping up for a while. Time for AC to take the show on the road, I know the fan base is ready for it.  

Was just saying that AC would be alot better off in 5A with the teams they would play and not have to travel so far ... but for sure the road is alot easier now for AC ... they would not have been a factor had all the others Fulton, Catholic etx had stayed in 4A .. so now they wont have to play those teams that beat them consistently .. good move by AC ..... since the road games dont bother you ... 

Was just saying that AC would be alot better off in 5A with the teams they would play and not have to travel so far ... but for sure the road is alot easier now for AC ... they would not have been a factor had all the others Fulton, Catholic etx had stayed in 4A .. so now they wont have to play those teams that beat them consistently .. good move by AC ..... since the road games dont bother you ... 

Beat us consistently for the past two years when we've been down but not always before that.  So just when we'd be a factor again Fulton, Catholic and Central chicken out and move up just to get away from us!   :mrgreen:

Edited by MavMaximus

Tad, you all moved up for what? Dont blame AC for staying where they should be. What is everyone running from? AC, Alcoa? Cant wait to see who you you all schedule for non district games.

I think y'all should take your chickening out more seriously, but whatevs.  Just like Alcoa ran away from y'all, or was it the other way around?  I can't remember.

Who would be chickening out playing by moving up ???? And yes Alcoa ran from us back then  ..Alcoa had no intention of moving up . I was just saying that AC would have surely enjoyed playing local teams better than a bunch from Chattanooga ... Fulton moved for that reason ... ddint want to tyravel to Chattanooga or middle Tn and then still have to get 5 or 6 non region games ... it was no brainer.  Good Luck AC  .. enjoy the bus rides ..