CPA @ Goodpasture Round3

youthsportsPIX

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be taking CPA in this rematch. People doubted me when I kept saying CPA would be playing the day after Thanksgiving this year. They are a game away from making that happen.

You definitely said that! And i was one of them people, CPA turned it around great job to coach Martin and his staff. Edited by FIREBIRD80

Although CPA was 1-6 going into to October they had one of the toughest schedules in 3A for sure, with losses to a 7A Parkview team out of GA, Ensworth, Knoxville Catholic, Pearl-Cohn, Stratford, and Goodpasture.  I think the key in this game will come down to the 2 talented Sophmore QB's from Goodpasture and CPA.  I am sure the Lions are looking forward to the rematch instead of driving out to a would be undfeated 12-0 Fairview Yellow Jackets.  I am still not sure that CPA will be playing after thxgiving but they will get close.  

Although CPA was 1-6 going into to October they had one of the toughest schedules in 3A for sure, with losses to a 7A Parkview team out of GA, Ensworth, Knoxville Catholic, Pearl-Cohn, Stratford, and Goodpasture. I think the key in this game will come down to the 2 talented Sophmore QB's from Goodpasture and CPA. I am sure the Lions are looking forward to the rematch instead of driving out to a would be undfeated 12-0 Fairview Yellow Jackets. I am still not sure that CPA will be playing after thxgiving but they will get close.

Fairview would not have beaten CPA, Stratford, or Goodpasture with the injuries they had in their last game. Losing the MLB to an injury last week before the game was huge. Losing 7 and 23 during the game to injuries was the nail in the coffin. They played the second half without 3 of their 4 starting LBs and they would have all been classified as "doubtful" for the game this week. That's not a recipe for success when it comes to slowing people down.

Goodpasture had a lot of success running at them throughout the second half and when the Jackets gambled by walking the safeties down to support in the run game the Cougars hurt them deep.

Edited by howdoitknow

Yea Injuries this time of the year can be huge for teams with little depth at some key positions.  I have to give Fairview some props who were better than I initially thought.  My2 Cents .... Fairview weaker schedule compared to other teams still standing may have hurt them in the long run.   I do think Fairview would have matched up well against CPA, but we will never know.   

Maxprep CPA @ Goodpasture Preview

I have a feeling that the CPA Goodpasture match up will be an ongoing yearly battle as both schools move into the DII division next year.  

Yea Injuries this time of the year can be huge for teams with little depth at some key positions.  I have to give Fairview some props who were better than I initially thought.  My2 Cents .... Fairview weaker schedule compared to other teams still standing may have hurt them in the long run.   I do think Fairview would have matched up well against CPA, but we will never know.   

Maxprep CPA @ Goodpasture Preview

I have a feeling that the CPA Goodpasture match up will be an ongoing yearly battle as both schools move into the DII division next year.  

Hard not to be since they will be in the same region. They will both have a tough time scheduling 6 non-region games. Doubt many publics will continue to play them.

Most outside of Goodpasture have not seen or heard of #2 Kody Crider who had to sit out last year after transferring in from Station Camp.  I had to post his 2016 recruiting video of this kid.  He is a Beast! Does it all playing multiple positions on both sides of the ball.  So far this year #2 has played QB, TB, FB, TE, DE, LB, and average over 43 yards per punt.  

Edited by youthsportsPIX