CPA @ Goodpasture Round3

youthsportsPIX

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CPA

Disagree on the yearly battle. CPA will continue to get top flight players and the coaching is excellent. CPA will win 8 of 10 games they play against most D2 schools including Goodpasture.

Short memories, you do know that Goodpasture has beat CPA more than CPA has beat Goodpasture.  

CPA actual record vs the Cougars is 11-13.  Both have 3 State Titles but Goodpasture has made to Championship game more than CPA.  So we shall see.  

Edited by youthsportsPIX

Hard not to be since they will be in the same region. They will both have a tough time scheduling 6 non-region games. Doubt many publics will continue to play them.

I agree that CPA and GP will have a tough time scheduling 6 non-region games during the next 4-year cycle.  Where I suspect that we disagree is that I think that it is a travesty that public schools will not play them.  CPA's non-region games this year were Parkview (Georgia), Knox Catholic, Pearl-Cohn and Ensworth.

JMHO

Short memories, you do know that Goodpasture has beat CPA more than CPA has beat Goodpasture.

CPA actual record vs the Cougars is 11-13. Both have 3 State Titles but Goodpasture has made to Championship game more than CPA. So we shall see.

CPA is a machine now and at an eite stste level with their program. Counting the years when they were building makes no difference where both programs are now.

I agree that CPA and GP will have a tough time scheduling 6 non-region games during the next 4-year cycle. Where I suspect that we disagree is that I think that it is a travesty that public schools will not play them. CPA's non-region games this year were Parkview (Georgia), Knox Catholic, Pearl-Cohn and Ensworth.

JMHO

I guess where there only public school who will

After GCS having the year they've had after losing 22 straight, I hesitate to predict the future.

However, I've been telling people about the class of 2019 since they were in elementary school. I thought they would be the Alcoa killers :)

Our coaching staff is awesome, but I'm a bit bias!

I think for at least the next two years CPA should be favored because it looks like GCS will lose a few really good players this year. I'm not sleeping on #13 though, he looked really good during our last meeting.

Good luck to all GCS fans tonight, I'm hoping the traffic from Brentwood to Madison isn't too terrible and I can make the kickoff!

Edited by bcd

After GCS having the year they've had after losing 22 straight, I hesitate to predict the future.

However, I've been telling people about the class of 2019 since they were in elementary school. I thought they would be the Alcoa killers :)

Our coaching staff is awesome, but I'm a bit bias!

I think for at least the next two years CPA should be favored because it looks like GCS will lose a few really good players this year. I'm not sleeping on #13 though, he looked really good during our last meeting.

Good luck to all GCS fans tonight, I'm hoping the traffic from Brentwood to Madison isn't too terrible and I can make the kickoff!

Yea bcd #13 may be a good one when it all said and done.  I am coming from HWY 100 Ensworth area only 7 miles from CPA myself and you gotta love the Nashville traffic these days.  Stop by our tailgate before game if you want.  I agree CPA will be strong the next several years for sure.  I’ve played youth and high school football with Tony Carletello and Hedge Burt back in the day and know they are helping them grow the Middle School farm system. :)

Goodpasture is losing bunch of seniors and will have a small senior class next season and then a large one in 2019.  Not sure it really matter as there are several kids moving from out of town and players who sat out this year that may step in.  Although it will be hard to replace this solid senior class. There are a bunch of sophomores that started this year and few freshmen who have played a lot.  

Going to be a perfect night for FOOTBALL!!!

List of some of the returning players.

Class of 2018

#54 Morrow C,DL 5'11"230 lbs Junior

#51 Hunt T,DL 5'11"275 lbs Junior

Class of 2019

#4 Elders RB, NG 5'11"205 lbs  Sophomore MaxPrep Video

#8  Turner  WR,S  6'1"180 lbs Sophomore

#12 Scurlock  WR,QB,S 5'10"150 lbs Sophomore

#16 Seals RB,S 5'9"165 lbs Sophomore (Sitting out 2016)

#13 Brooks  QB 6'2"180 lbs Sophomore

#29 McAuley RB, ILB 5'8"185 lbs Sophomore

#55 Lazenby OT, DL 6'1"255 lbs Sophomore

#57 Turner OT,DE 6'0"215 lbs Sophomore (Sitting out 2016)

Class of 2020

#32 Gabe Corley FB, DE Fr. 5-11 175

#60 Eli Bennett OL, DT Fr. 5-11 245

Edited by youthsportsPIX