Rd.3: Union City at Dresden rematch.

Guest hevyrevy1611

No one is 100% at this point in the year. That's part of the game. I'm talking about players that were out. Bumpus is the only one that would've made a difference, and he played the first game. Scribner played last Friday. You're using a false equivalency by saying "What if you lost Dresser, Yates, Thomas, etc.?" We were the better team this year by a lot, period. This group has beat UC since they started playing the game. Again, the first game we had two players out to your three. People try to slide around that. The coach did say this was the "real" UC in an interview. That sounded like they were ready, but we still are hearing the same thing from last time. We're a spread team and played in that weather, so please just give the kids credit for once. They won.

Scribner didn't play. Time to move on.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one is 100% at this point in the year. That's part of the game. I'm talking about players that were out. Bumpus is the only one that would've made a difference, and he played the first game. Scribner played last Friday. You're using a false equivalency by saying "What if you lost Dresser, Yates, Thomas, etc.?" We were the better team this year by a lot, period. This group has beat UC since they started playing the game. Again, the first game we had two players out to your three. People try to slide around that. The coach did say this was the "real" UC in an interview. That sounded like they were ready, but we still are hearing the same thing from last time. We're a spread team and played in that weather, so please just give the kids credit for once. They won.

No false equivalence. If we'd had our players, the results would have been the exact same as last year. We didn't and we lost. Time for us to look forward to next year.

Hard for scribbler to play 1 week out from a cal surgery on sidelines with crutches.

Read next to last sentence in my post - I did state Dresden better team.

Bumpus tried to play with a torn acl but was a shell of his former healthy self - he was a non factor.

I'd agree on other years, but they're not the better team this year. In the first game, they had three injuries to our two. They had their starting defense. In this game, Scribner was back. The UC coach even said this would be the "real" UC. This game would've been worse than the last time if it wasn't for the weather in the first half. I just don't get this injury card. We've dominated them twice, as the scores show. Thankfully, some of their fans like Swo even admitted we were just physically better. Dresden just never gets credit. If Dresden players are hurt, no one bats an eye.

I may have worded that wrong but I was referring to Dresden as being the obvious best team on that side of the bracket this year

I find it interesting that you seem to know more about UC than UC parents and fans. Do know what position Braxton Waddell played before Scribner tore his acl? He was a guard, and middle linebacker. He played QB with the number 56 for 2 games. Jeremy Bumphus is a D1 prospect, Laz Scribner runs a 4.4 40, Thomas Barnes was UCs best offensive and defensive tackle. Most everyone seems to agree Dresden had the best team this year, but I do remember last years UC-Dresden game. Do you remember? Basically the same players with exception of this years injuries. So get over your self and show some respect to your own team and the other kids that play hard every game. UC had a tough year with injuries, Dresden has had a great year. Good luck to them in Cookeville.