NCS @ WC round 3

wildcat89

Looks like this game should be a war of wills. Wide open attack of WC vs. the ground game of NCS. I have been very impressed by the discipline of the LB from WC. Both defenses have played well. I see a lot of post about 3 TD victories, I just don't see it. I think this is quietly one of the best rivalries in the state. Should be an emotional, physical ball game as always.

I dont think there is anything quiet about it!  I think everyone knows this has become the biggest playoff rivalry in 1A footbal. It certainly won't be quiet in Wayne County on Friday night! 

Edited by carguy59

I don't think NCS realizes how close they were to losing. On the intentional grounding that was not called, that is the difference between a 4th and 5 which they ran for 7 yards for a first down, and 4th and 15 which is where the intentional grounding would have been marked off. A for sure passing down, most likely resulting in a loss, as well as the clock continue to run. 

Fb dive, not many people outside the NCS family are pulling for us. This time of year is great. All great teams left this time of year. So much fun to watch

Didn't mean any disrespect towards your program. Ya'll have a very talented team that could very well take it all the way. But as a casual HS football fan with no dog in this fight, Winn against Rice is the more intriguing matchup imo.

However, I would not be disappointed to see all the athletes on the field for NC go against the many athletes that Dresden also has (no disrespect towards UC).

Edited by fullbackdive

Didn't mean any disrespect towards your program. Ya'll have a very talented team that could very well take it all the way. But as a casual HS football fan with no dog in this fight, Winn against Rice is the more intriguing matchup imo.

However, I would not be disappointed to see all the athletes on the field for NC go against the many athletes that Dresden also has (no disrespect towards UC).

FB, none taken at all. Completely get what you are saying. WC folks have been very very classy. I know lots of people want to see that match up. I, of course, hope we spoil that and move on but it will be a tough test but one our boys welcome

I don't think NCS realizes how close they were to losing. On the intentional grounding that was not called, that is the difference between a 4th and 5 which they ran for 7 yards for a first down, and 4th and 15 which is where the intentional grounding would have been marked off. A for sure passing down, most likely resulting in a loss, as well as the clock continue to run. 

We do realize how close we were to losing. It was 1 point.  I dont think a lot of Huntingdon fans realize how many holding and blocking fouls were missed against their team, and how blatantly wrong the pass interference call was that went against us. I saw many calls missed both ways. I saw motion that was missed on both teams, and I saw a motion penalty called on us when no one even flinched.  This is not all from memory, this is all on Hudl. Refs were horrible, but horrible on both sides. NCS made the plays it had to make on offense and defense to win the game.