2017 DII-A Favorites?

AllRegion

Webb never made a claim that they would be head over heels better than the biggest AAA team enrollment wise next year. It seems if you're that good to even be better than the teams in AA that you would want to play there.

Webb like 95 percent of Tenn schools could not beat the best in AAA consistently. If we could we probably would play up like BA and Ensworth are. (Who can play with and beat anyone body in the state just about every single year)

I'll tell you this...DII is a lot more competitive than 1A public ball. I could name several teams in even just single private A this year that would win State in 1A going away. I would test out the waters a year in D2 before claiming domination over everyone...Even if it is in A which clearly will be a lot weaker next year losing its top 5-8 teams.

A's not losing its top 8 teams.

The Carguy likes to bluster a bit but NCS will be a favorite next year. However, had they played in D2A this year there are several teams that are better. For instance the final four teams would all beat them by a wide margin.

Next year FCS, DA, DCA will all be pretty good teams. The middle school and 5/6 teams at those schools are really good too so NCS needs to keep bringing in those transfer kids in MS to keep up.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Webb never made a claim that they would be head over heels better than the biggest AAA team enrollment wise next year. It seems if you're that good to even be better than the teams in AA that you would want to play there.

Webb like 95 percent of Tenn schools could not beat the best in AAA consistently. If we could we probably would play up like BA and Ensworth are. (Who can play with and beat anyone body in the state just about every single year)

I'll tell you this...DII is a lot more competitive than 1A public ball. I could name several teams in even just single private A this year that would win State in 1A going away. I would test out the waters a year in D2 before claiming domination over everyone...Even if it is in A which clearly will be a lot weaker next year losing its top 5-8 teams.

I never made the claim that we would dominate AA, so don't put words in my mouth.  There are not any teams in D2 A that could win pulling away from NCS, Huntingdon, Wayne County, Union City, or Dresden. I don't even know if there are any who could beat any of those teams. Your idea of 1A football being non-competitive shows your ignorance. NCS would have mercy ruled St Georges last year.  I watched that game and I thought I was watching a good middle school team.  D2 A football next year will be less competitive than the 1A playoffs.  As a matter of fact, top to bottom I see it all being less competitive.  

I never made the claim that we would dominate AA, so don't put words in my mouth. There are not any teams in D2 A that could win pulling away from NCS, Huntingdon, Wayne County, Union City, or Dresden. I don't even know if there are any who could beat any of those teams. Your idea of 1A football being non-competitive shows your ignorance. NCS would have mercy ruled St Georges last year. I watched that game and I thought I was watching a good middle school team. D2 A football next year will be less competitive than the 1A playoffs. As a matter of fact, top to bottom I see it all being less competitive.

Before I fall out of my seat laughing let me make sure I am understanding your post fully.

Are you seriously saying that those teams this year could play with

1. Lausanne

2. Webb

3. St George's

4. USJ

5. Harding

????

I'll wait before I destroy your asinine statement.

I must admit I almost spit water all over my phone when he said ST Georges looked like a good middle school team. Those middle schoolers are commits to Navy, Yale, and Arkansas just to name a few. Their line last year averaged probably 260-270 lbs with Jacob Still former UT great Eric Still's son at 6-1 291 playing at Arkansas State now. NCS I hear is pretty good but all of those teams would give you more than you want.

Sony Moore Power Rankings

Your Top 1A Schools

Dredson 61

Union City 91

Huntington 94

NCS 95

Wayne County 108

Your top D2A Schools

Lausanne 25

St George's 42

Webb 56

USJ 75

Harding Academy 88

Only one of your 1A "Powers" is ranked ahead of a D2A team. The rest fall behind the lowest ranked D2A teams I mentioned.

Let's go to unapproved website which I find to be more accurate.

Your top 1A Schools

Dredson 57

Wayne County 70

Union City 95

NCS 99

Huntington 124

Your top D2A Schools

Lausanne 20

Webb 35

St George's 55

Harding Academy 65

USJ 68

Once again only one 1A school is ranked higher than any D2A school. Outside that one ALL of the D2A Schools are ranked higher than the rest of your top tier teams.

As far as the remark of St George's being a middle school team last year. According to unapproved website St George's finished ranked 16th in the state while NC finished 20th. NCS played a larger private PJP2 that year and got blown out. St George's also played at larger private and beat them (Briacrest)

It's interesting that a school that plays essentially nothing but middle schools teams mostly ranked in the 200 And 300's the state would think that a solid St George's team with quality wins looked like a jv team...hahahaha

Who has Nashville Christian beat that is actually a good team? That's right no one. You beat 1 below average 3A by one point....congrats. 3A is pretty weak too outside of Alcoa CAK and Elizebthon this year.

I can name multiple wins by D2A teams that were against much bigger Schools that are actually good. USJ over Briacrest (D2AA) and Webb over Oak Ridge (5A) come to mind without even looking at schedules.

Stay in your lane man. 1A is 1A for a reason. Small schools with little talent. I stand by my statement that those 5 DII schools would handle your classification, as they should.

Is NC a decent team? Yes. Do they play anyone all year? No. You all have gotten the big head beating awful teams and scheduling no one good except PJPII and that was a loss. Will NC probably win state next year? Sure I'll give them a good shot now that all the top teams are in a higher classification.

To quote you. You are very ignorant on D2 football and would have got a rude awakening if you had been in the classification this year.

Edited by Spartan4Life

I must admit I almost spit water all over my phone when he said ST Georges looked like a good middle school team. Those middle schoolers are commits to Navy, Yale, and Arkansas just to name a few. Their line last year averaged probably 260-270 lbs with Jacob Still former UT great Eric Still's son at 6-1 291 playing at Arkansas State now. NCS I hear is pretty good but all of those teams would give you more than you want.

He has no clue. Haha poor thing. I'm sorry he almost made you lose your water. Middle schoolers going D1...that is amazing. I wish they would play in AA now. It's a little tougher than the true middle school teams they play.

You gentlemen seem to be making arguements that are simply ludicrous. These teams will not be D2 A teams next year. I have not said that NCS would dominate D2 A football this year. I am talking about D2 NEXT year. You do realize there is a reclassification coming? Yes NCS will absolutely dominate D2 A football next year.  Yes, I do believe that last season NCS would have beaten the stuffings out of St. George.  Come visit the thread next year. I'll be here.  BTW, have you read the other posters ideas of who would be favored. Seems I'm not in the minority.  You guys need to pay attention in an arguement. When you don't know what year of what classification you're talking about, it makes you look stupid.

You gentlemen seem to be making arguements that are simply ludicrous. These teams will not be D2 A teams next year. I have not said that NCS would dominate D2 A football this year. I am talking about D2 NEXT year. You do realize there is a reclassification coming? Yes NCS will absolutely dominate D2 A football next year. Yes, I do believe that last season NCS would have beaten the stuffings out of St. George. Come visit the thread next year. I'll be here. BTW, have you read the other posters ideas of who would be favored. Seems I'm not in the minority. You guys need to pay attention in an arguement. When you don't know what year of what classification you're talking about, it makes you look stupid.

I agree they will be favorites next year. I also will strongly disagree that you think NC would have mercy ruled St George's. I seriously don't think they would have won that game and they certainly wouldn't have mercy ruled them. State ranking and anyone who knows football would and do agree.

So you like polls. I see you used Sonny Moore's Power Rankings, so I decided to use it as well.  

The following is a list of teams who will be in D2 A next year, and where they are ranked now. I am not discussing D2 A for 2016. This thread is titled "2017 D2 A Favorites." 

East Region

Conccord Christian  344

DCA  147

Ezell Harding  261

FCS  168

Grace Baptist  314

MTCS  210

Mt. Juliet Christian  236

Kings Academy  230

West Region

Clarksville Academy  287

Davidson Academy  186

Fayette Academy  281

Jackson Christian  229

Memphis Catholic  329

NCS  95

Rossville Christian  319

Tipton Rosemark  289

Zion Christian  341

BTW, this is a rebuilding year for us. 

So you like polls. I see you used Sonny Moore's Power Rankings, so I decided to use it as well.

The following is a list of teams who will be in D2 A next year, and where they are ranked now. I am not discussing D2 A for 2016. This thread is titled "2017 D2 A Favorites."

East Region

Conccord Christian 344

DCA 147

Ezell Harding 261

FCS 168

Grace Baptist 314

MTCS 210

Mt. Juliet Christian 236

Kings Academy 230

West Region

Clarksville Academy 287

Davidson Academy 186

Fayette Academy 281

Jackson Christian 229

Memphis Catholic 329

NCS 95

Rossville Christian 319

Tipton Rosemark 289

Zion Christian 341

BTW, this is a rebuilding year for us.

I don't see many that will give you all a challenge next year. Although DCA and FC can be tough.

I agree they will be favorites next year. I also will strongly disagree that you think NC would have mercy ruled St George's. I seriously don't think they would have won that game and they certainly wouldn't have mercy ruled them. State ranking and anyone who knows football would and do agree.

That's simply a disagreement and that's alright. There were several D1 football players on that team last year and it was one of the best 1A teams ever assembled in TN.