2017 DII-A Favorites?

AllRegion

Hey guys...I know we're still in the middle of the playoffs, but I wanted to start a thread for each class so we can get a feel for who will be the favorites in 2017. Who returns a lot from a solid team this year and will be a breakout team next year? Who is good this year and will be able to keep it up and not lose many key guys? Who will be the 2017 DII-A champs?

Let's hear it! 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the Sword of Joshua Independent Full Gospel Pentecostal Assembley, which is located just Charger Drive, on the Frontage Road........unless they get their request granted today at the big meeting in Hermitage to move down to D2-A

Booger just sayin :twisted:

CCS is the largest of the D2-AA schools. How would they be able to drop to A? They aren't even close to the cutoff. If anything they are closer to AAA. Which we all know they'd go defeated every year in AAA.

the Sword of Joshua Independent Full Gospel  Pentecostal Assembley, which is located just Charger Drive, on the Frontage Road........unless they get their request granted today at the big meeting in Hermitage to move down to D2-A

Booger just sayin  :twisted:

I assume you are joking. First of all on enrollment, you're going to have to lose nearly 200 students to make this happen. Second on your prediction that they would be a challenge to win the gold ball, not a chance.  When healthy, not many people outside of 1A football realize what NCS will be next year.

I assume you are joking. First of all on enrollment, you're going to have to lose nearly 200 students to make this happen. Second on your prediction that they would be a challenge to win the gold ball, not a chance. When healthy, not many people outside of 1A football realize what NCS will be next year.

How good are we talking? If they are that good why not move up to AA?

Edited by Spartan4Life

How food are we talking? If they are that good why not move up to AA?

Someone has to be the best, right? The thread topic is "D2 A favorites", not "who should move up."  It's my opinion that NCS will be one of the favorites, if not the favorite.  I assume we stayed where we are because that is where TSSAA put us.  Someone could also ask why didnt Webb apply to move up to AAA. 

Someone has to be the best, right? The thread topic is "D2 A favorites", not "who should move up." It's my opinion that NCS will be one of the favorites, if not the favorite. I assume we stayed where we are because that is where TSSAA put us. Someone could also ask why didnt Webb apply to move up to AAA.

Webb never made a claim that they would be head over heels better than the biggest AAA team enrollment wise next year. It seems if you're that good to even be better than the teams in AA that you would want to play there.

Webb like 95 percent of Tenn schools could not beat the best in AAA consistently. If we could we probably would play up like BA and Ensworth are. (Who can play with and beat anyone body in the state just about every single year)

I'll tell you this...DII is a lot more competitive than 1A public ball. I could name several teams in even just single private A this year that would win State in 1A going away. I would test out the waters a year in D2 before claiming domination over everyone...Even if it is in A which clearly will be a lot weaker next year losing its top 5-8 teams.