2017 DII-A Favorites?

AllRegion

Dude, I don't know the first thing about your beloved DCA. I have never seen one of your teams, played at your field, been in your school, know anyone who ever played or went to school there....the only thing I know about DCA is that it is in Donelson, I guess, and that they are irrelevant in football. I havent been at NCS for decades. I dont give a rats behind what NCS did in the last four decades. I use to play against them and I know they were horrible. We are not NCS lifers!! We have been there since my son was in 7th grade and he is a junior. Please try to seek attention for DCA from someone else. I dont know what you want or desire for me to acknowledge about DCS. Girls volley ball? Soccer? Whoopty doopty doo!!!! Maybe we will find out something about you next year. Make it to the finals. It's the only way we will meet.

Irrelevant? Playoffs 24 straight years. Mr Football nominees. Four Mr Football winners. NFL alums. SEC/ACC alums. Three gold balls and one silver. What do you have?

"NCS was the doormat of middle TN football for years. They probably have the TSSAA record for participating in homecoming games. Everyone likes to say we were an overnight turnaround and it's simply not so."

No nothing about NCS?? ^^^ That suggests otherwise. You're full of it fella. Lol You should keep up with your smack talk better. The refusal to admit the high level Power 5 talent influx and immediate success is disingenuous. Just stop saying it because it's silly to deny it Baghdad Bob.

After all the players transferring to your program it's going to be nice seeing you play where everyone knew you should be. I have to tell you though you need to beat DCA soon because the lower school is loaded with talented players. Transfer U had better develop a plan to build from within because runs like these never last.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Irrelevant? Playoffs 24 straight years. Mr Football nominees. Four Mr Football winners. NFL alums. SEC/ACC alums. Three gold balls and one silver. What do you have?

"NCS was the doormat of middle TN football for years. They probably have the TSSAA record for participating in homecoming games. Everyone likes to say we were an overnight turnaround and it's simply not so."

No nothing about NCS?? ^^^ That suggests otherwise. You're full of it fella. Lol You should keep up with your smack talk better. The refusal to admit the high level Power 5 talent influx and immediate success is disingenuous. Just stop saying it because it's silly to deny it Baghdad Bob.

After all the players transferring to your program it's going to be nice seeing you play where everyone knew you should be. I have to tell you though you need to beat DCA soon because the lower school is loaded with talented players. Transfer U had better develop a plan to build from within because runs like these never last.

I got your power five right here.

1. I could care less about your past

2. I know you suck now

3. I know you'll suck next year

4. I could care less about NCS's past

5. I could care less about NCS's future

All I care about is right here, right now. When my son is gone, I could care less if DCS beats them 100 to zip! 

2. I know you suck now

All I care about is right here, right now. When my son is gone, I could care less if DCS beats them 100 to zip!

That's why you are irrelevant in small school football. Have no knowledge of tradition, no respect of community, no humility in towards who you defeat. You are a flash in the pan that will be remembered for exactly for what you built for two years. Sorry, carguy, I was trying to be polite, but you are rather arrogant toward storied teams. I'm sorry that you will never know the love of a life time of community pride of "their team."

You would not have wanted to meet FCS during that two year run. Talent is gone but building back up. Would probably have about the same record now either in 2a or D1a. You will not want to count them an easy out the next couple of years.

Webb woundnt have wanted to see FC those years?

You mean 2011 when DCA beat FC and Webb mopped the floor with DCA? You mean 2011 When Todd Kelly Jr was on his way to become an All-American and 4 Star athlete? You mean the year Webb blew out multiple 5A schools? Hmm interesting.

Oh and you mean 2012 when Webb beat DCA worse than you did, was ranked higher in the state and only lost one game. That game to State Champ Alcoa 14-7 were Webb's 4Star middle linebacker and starter at Georgia Tech Brant Mitchell couldn't play due to injury. Oh don't worry Todd Kelly was there that year as well. A year older and a year stronger. Did I mention Webb won State that year as Well?

2013 FC joined 2A talking about how Webb didn't want to see them and their QB AJ long. Webb 36 FC 7.

Guys stop fooling yourselfs. 1A and 2A teams can very rarely play with a team like Webb. Webb constantly not only wins State but plays big publics and beats them. Stop embarrassing yourselves. Webb would have embarrassed FC both years. FC played nobody. Webb did and won. Not to mention mutual opponents Webb beat and FC lost and the next year Webb beat them worse. Just stop...I like FC but they never have been on Webb's level. FC found out real quick that D2 is tougher than 2A. I watched the championship against Adamsville...they were terrible.

Has FC ever beat Webb?

2. I know you suck now

After watching your Huntington film on NFHS these current D2A teams would beat you.

Webb, HA, Lausanne, USJ, DCA, DA, and StG. Walker, Gray, Howard and Hayden would all have 200+ yards on that defense. Those schools would all also be able to throw on you. In fact, DA's complex passing game may cause you big problems next year if their QB has time. I was honestly very surprised to see the big yardage you guys were gashed on in that game and the ease they were able to get open in the passing game.

I do think your offense would score some points though on some of those teams but against the speed and huge athletic linemen from Lausanne, HA, Webb, StG (speed) and DA you would have a really tough go of it.

I hope you realize being the tallest little person in single A still only makes you the tallest little person? If not you will soon find out. I think your team will do well next year but the competition will be much more difficult than you think.

Webb woundnt have wanted to see FC those years?

You mean 2011 when DCA beat FC and Webb mopped the floor with DCA? You mean 2011 When Todd Kelly Jr was on his way to become an All-American and 4 Star athlete? You mean the year Webb blew out multiple 5A schools? Hmm interesting.

Oh and you mean 2012 when Webb beat DCA worse than you did, was ranked higher in the state and only lost one game. That game to State Champ Alcoa 14-7 were Webb's 4Star middle linebacker and starter at Georgia Tech Brant Mitchell couldn't play due to injury. Oh don't worry Todd Kelly was there that year as well. A year older and a year stronger. Did I mention Webb won State that year as Well?

2013 FC joined 2A talking about how Webb didn't want to see them and their QB AJ long. Webb 36 FC 7.

Guys stop fooling yourselfs. 1A and 2A teams can very rarely play with a team like Webb. Webb constantly not only wins State but plays big publics and beats them. Stop embarrassing yourselves. Webb would have embarrassed FC both years. FC played nobody. Webb did and won. Not to mention mutual opponents Webb beat and FC lost and the next year Webb beat them worse. Just stop...I like FC but they never have been on Webb's level. FC found out real quick that D2 is tougher than 2A. I watched the championship against Adamsville...they were terrible.

Has FC ever beat Webb?

Double our size so we are within 100 of your student population and we might be able to. Edited by inthagap

Double our size so we are within 100 of your student population and we might be able to.

I mean we can make if and but statements all day. Maybe. Maybe not. My guess is not considering Webb plays and beats bigger schools essentially every year on their schedule. Webb plays 6A and 5A and other state champions consistently. Historically Webb has only failed to beat Maryville and Alcoa although their have been some competitive games with Alcoa down to the wire.

D2A is a tougher division than 1A and 2A ball. Maybe not head over heals tougher over 2A but it is. Add to the pot that webb plays and beats bigger schools to toughen their schedule up you and no one else from 1A or 2A would have wanted to see Webb 99% of the time. And yes I'm talking mercy rule.

Once again were FC and NC good 2A and 1A teams? Absolutely. Did they play and beat anyone? Unfortunately not. Schedule a good football team and see how you stack up instead of just beating up on teams that honestly could be beat by quite a few jv squads.

After watching your Huntington film on NFHS these current D2A teams would beat you.

Webb, HA, Lausanne, USJ, DCA, DA, and StG. Walker, Gray, Howard and Hayden would all have 200+ yards on that defense. Those schools would all also be able to throw on you. In fact, DA's complex passing game may cause you big problems next year if their QB has time. I was honestly very surprised to see the big yardage you guys were gashed on in that game and the ease they were able to get open in the passing game.

I do think your offense would score some points though on some of those teams but against the speed and huge athletic linemen from Lausanne, HA, Webb, StG (speed) and DA you would have a really tough go of it.

I hope you realize being the tallest little person in single A still only makes you the tallest little person? If not you will soon find out. I think your team will do well next year but the competition will be much more difficult than you think.

OMG, you have caused me to open my eyes! Please accept my most sincere apology for ever placing any confidence in next years version of the NCS football program.  I can now see where we will struggle to have a .500 record, and probably won't even make the playoffs. You have destroyed me with your argument. Have a great day and happy holidays!  

OMG, you have caused me to open my eyes! Please accept my most sincere apology for ever placing any confidence in next years version of the NCS football program. I can now see where we will struggle to have a .500 record, and probably won't even make the playoffs. You have destroyed me with your argument. Have a great day and happy holidays!

Next years D2A will be very similar to the level of 1A ball this year. Because of that you guys will have a similar record and success that you have had this year. One of the better treams with a shot to win state.

I would love for NC to schedule one of the D2AA schools like Webb, CAK, St George's so you can see where you stack up. If you lose no big deal you were suppose to. If you win you can then get on coacht and have a legit win against competition and get some more respect.

Next years D2A will be very similar to the level of 1A ball this year. Because of that you guys will have a similar record and success that you have had this year. One of the better treams with a shot to win state.

I would love for NC to schedule one of the D2AA schools like Webb, CAK, St George's so you can see where you stack up. If you lose no big deal you were suppose to. If you win you can then get on coacht and have a legit win against competition and get some more respect.

I would like to see that as well. Not making bold predictions against a power like Webb.  The only boldness I have shown is against the teams that will be in D2 A next year.  It may have come across as arrogance, but I spoke what I truly believe on a thread that asks for opinions.

There is a poster on this thread who likes to sit on his teams reputation from the past when someone tries to have a conversation about the present.  If you don't immediately bow down and kiss his team's behind (who is out of the playoffs by way of a beatdown), He gets offended. He tries to steer away from football (not so much this thread but others in the past) and speak of girls track, under water basket weaving, bowling, soccer, archery and curling to boast of his schools overwhelming overall domination of athletics in D2.

Coach Brothers has routinely scheduled games to play up when possible. We always scrimmage against teams like Pearl-Cohn, CPA, FRA, BGA and schedule PJP2 in regular season as well as East. Two years ago East was ranked 3rd in the state in 3A when we shut them out on their field and held them to seven total yards. Beat them on our field the year before. We lost by 3 to PJP2 this year.  Im sure there wasnt another 1A school who played a school in that class this year. I would love to see us play Webb, Ensworth, Father Ryan, etc. I dont predict a win, but like you said, we like seeing where we would stack up.  This is a rebuilding year for us. We still have a shot, but next year should be a big year.

I would like to see that as well. Not making bold predictions against a power like Webb. The only boldness I have shown is against the teams that will be in D2 A next year. It may have come across as arrogance, but I spoke what I truly believe on a thread that asks for opinions.

There is a poster on this thread who likes to sit on his teams reputation from the past when someone tries to have a conversation about the present. If you don't immediately bow down and kiss his team's behind (who is out of the playoffs by way of a beatdown), He gets offended. He tries to steer away from football (not so much this thread but others in the past) and speak of girls track, under water basket weaving, bowling, soccer, archery and curling to boast of his schools overwhelming overall domination of athletics in D2.

Coach Brothers has routinely scheduled games to play up when possible. We always scrimmage against teams like Pearl-Cohn, CPA, FRA, BGA and schedule PJP2 in regular season as well as East. Two years ago East was ranked 3rd in the state in 3A when we shut them out on their field and held them to seven total yards. Beat them on our field the year before. We lost by 3 to PJP2 this year. Im sure there wasnt another 1A school who played a school in that class this year. I would love to see us play Webb, Ensworth, Father Ryan, etc. I dont predict a win, but like you said, we like seeing where we would stack up. This is a rebuilding year for us. We still have a shot, but next year should be a big year.

Gotcha. Obviously NC is on the come up the past 5 years. You may dominate next years class and decide you want to move up on the future. Who knows.