D2A State Championship Knox Webb vs. Lausanne

Spartan4Life

I have also spoken to their coaches. From what I gather, he was a starter but continuously busts his assignment which has reduced him to a back up role in recent weeks. Still gets plenty of playing time but not a "starter". I was shocked by this because seeing him on the field he just seems to make plays. He will occasionally play RB at the end of games, but nothing significant. As someone who has followed the school (along with many other Memphis teams) all year, I hate to see people trash them on here as if they are cheating.

I've never said they were cheating. I don't know anything about their situation. Never heard of the school until this year. I'm excited to play a top team out of the west.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never said they were cheating. I don't know anything about their situation. Never heard of the school until this year. I'm excited to play a top team out of the west.

Not talking about you or downtowncharlie in particular. Just others on the message boards. Just frustrating to see some try to put them down due to their success. Have you had the chance to do much research on Lausanne? If so, what are your thoughts? Like I said before, I foresee it being very competitive down to the end

I won't restate what I think about the Lausanne situation it's all in the 2017 D-1A thread. But to summarize Lausanne is getting kids without have to use scholarship money or the kids make Lausanne grades. Now how fair is that ? no matter how many kids come from the co op school or play the whole game or 2 min

Not talking about you or downtowncharlie in particular. Just others on the message boards. Just frustrating to see some try to put them down due to their success. Have you had the chance to do much research on Lausanne? If so, what are your thoughts? Like I said before, I foresee it being very competitive down to the end

Not much else than what I hear on these message boards. How many players are on the team?

I think WilsonJr is hitting on a very important issue.  Lausanne does not appear to have many players going both ways.  I don't know about Webb as I haven't seen them this year. 

I look for Webb to run their well-disciplined, precise offense with a little variation depending on where the talent is that particular year.  If it's at RB this year, then look out-- however Lausanne has a really good defense, but it appeared to be geared toward pressuring the QB without blitzes and playing good pass coverage as opposed to straight up run defense.  Then again, I didn't see Lausanne really load the box either to stop the run.  Lausanne has a really good QB who appears to improvise some and their RB really is special even though he's just a sophomore. I think Lausanne's defense is as good as I've seen in a while (remember I haven't seen Webb).  Then again, all the talk about Webb's RBs may mean solid chunks of yardage without a lot of 60 yard long runs as Lausanne's DBs can close quickly.

In my mind, this game is a toss up because of off tackle runs by Webb and the middle LB of Lausanne (6-5 230).  If Webb let's Lausanne get into a run and gun rhythm, it's really hard to stop.  If Lausanne loads the box especially with a combination and rotation of starting OL and DL on defense which I haven't seen them do, I think they have the athletes to hold the outside.  Can Webb throw very well?  If it's strictly run, then I think Lausanne wins after halftime adjustments, but if Webb can mix it up, Webb wins.

Sorry for the rambling.  I think it's going to be a great game.

I think WilsonJr is hitting on a very important issue. Lausanne does not appear to have many players going both ways. I don't know about Webb as I haven't seen them this year.

I look for Webb to run their well-disciplined, precise offense with a little variation depending on where the talent is that particular year. If it's at RB this year, then look out-- however Lausanne has a really good defense, but it appeared to be geared toward pressuring the QB without blitzes and playing good pass coverage as opposed to straight up run defense. Then again, I didn't see Lausanne really load the box either to stop the run. Lausanne has a really good QB who appears to improvise some and their RB really is special even though he's just a sophomore. I think Lausanne's defense is as good as I've seen in a while (remember I haven't seen Webb). Then again, all the talk about Webb's RBs may mean solid chunks of yardage without a lot of 60 yard long runs as Lausanne's DBs can close quickly.

In my mind, this game is a toss up because of off tackle runs by Webb and the middle LB of Lausanne (6-5 230). If Webb let's Lausanne get into a run and gun rhythm, it's really hard to stop. If Lausanne loads the box especially with a combination and rotation of starting OL and DL on defense which I haven't seen them do, I think they have the athletes to hold the outside. Can Webb throw very well? If it's strictly run, then I think Lausanne wins after halftime adjustments, but if Webb can mix it up, Webb wins.

Sorry for the rambling. I think it's going to be a great game.

I hear you I hear you. Webb has beat a 5A school in Oak Ridge with many more numbers. Webb this year chews so much clock that often depth doesn't become a huge issue with the wing-t. If Webb can keep churning first downs depth won't play a big enough issue to keep the Spartans from another title.

Webb can throw. And they throw just when you get use to the run. It'll be an amazing game!

Kevin Locastro CAN coach......... That is ALL... You won't beat him due to scheme alone... If Knox Webb has Superior Johnnys and Joes they may pull it off BUT Locastro CAN coach so if he has the better players it's Lausanne's Title

My friend. David Meske is second to very very few in the State of Tennessee with coaching. His 7 State Titles Speak for itself. No way Lausanne wins because of coaching. It will have to be the athletes.

My friend. David Meske is second to very very few in the State of Tennessee with coaching. His 7 State Titles Speak for itself. No way Lausanne wins because of coaching. It will have to be the athletes.

I understand what you are saying, but that isn't necessarily accurate, regardless of how dogmatically you make that statement. Acknowledgment of his past championship coached games is all fine and dandy, but it doesn't guarantee that he out coaches coach Locastro. All it does prove is that he's done it before. I guess we will find out Thursday.

Edited by kwc