D2A State Championship Knox Webb vs. Lausanne

Spartan4Life

Lausanne averaged only 20 yards per punt and had 4 turnovers but still out gained Webb almost  3-1 ratio offensively (321yds-133yds).  Webb was held to 4-17 on 3rd and 4th down conversions.   You can argue all day long who was the best player on the field but the reality is offensively and defensively Lausanne dominated Webb.  

There will be a lot of good teams in this division next year with plenty of players coming back but Congratulations to the Lausanne program on this season.    

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lausanne averaged only 20 yards per punt and had 4 turnovers but still out gained Webb almost 3-1 ratio offensively (321yds-133yds). Webb was held to 4-17 on 3rd and 4th down conversions. You can argue all day long who was the best player on the field but the reality is offensively and defensively Lausanne dominated Webb.

There will be a lot of good teams in this division next year with plenty of players coming back but Congratulations to the Lausanne program on this season.

Great post ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

Now, what happened tonight was quantifiable. It was put up or shut up time. My man Gray ... PUT UP!

Nuff said.

Next!

This is from the Article that will be in tomorrow's Commercial Appeal. I think it's apropos based upon the comments I made above.

Devon Bodie Jr. returned the ensuing kickoff 44 yards to his own 48 before quarterback Mario Nolan-Dillard went to work, hitting Patrick Massey with a 32-yard gain to the Webb 8. Gray took it from there, putting an exclamation point on a 35-carry, 175-yard afternoon that earned him offensive Most Valuable Player honors.

From the same article:

Lausanne didn't need to score many points, thanks to a dominating performance by the defense. The Lynx held the Spartans â€” who ran for 559 yards and scored 69 points in their semifinal victory over St. George's two weeks ago â€” to 133 total yards. Webb averaged just 2.4 yards per play.

Again ... those speedy backs for Central were ... better then Gray? He's 5th or 6th best in D2-A?

Hmmmmmmm ... I think not.

Now ... that is what you call ... QUANTIFIABLE.

The Commercial Appeal article link below:

Lausanne captures first state football title

Edited by kwc

15 was the best back on the field. If you can't see that you don't know football.

Great game. Both of these teams are top 15 possibly. Congrats. Webb returns everyone next year. Should be a great rematch.

OKIE DOKIE...the soup u been swimmin in has gotten thicker

Booger just sayin  :popcorneater:

This is from the Article that will be in tomorrow's Commercial Appeal. I think it's apropos based upon the comments I made above.

From the same article:

Again ... those speedy backs for Central were ... better then Gray? He's 5th or 6th best in D2-A?

Hmmmmmmm ... I think not.

Now ... that is what you call ... QUANTIFIABLE.

The Commercial Appeal article link below:

Lausanne captures first state football title

So Gray had the same yards as Walker did against Webb? Of course Walker did it with a line that averaged 200 lbs and no spread attack? Hmmm?

Quantify that. Lol

Gray fumbled once. Has 35 carries behind a huge line for 175. Is he good? Yes. But Howard behind that same line and give him the Rock 35 times and see what he does with it. Not hating on him. He's good.

Also turnovers are part of the game. Those turnovers were forced. Webb stripped the ball. You didn't just drop it. So to say you dominated the game is asinine. You did dominate our offensive line and that turned out to be the difference of a webb blowout and a close webb loss. Congrats on the win. See y'all next year.

Edited by Spartan4Life

Boy this game was really hard to see coming-the largest school in D2-A for years (Webb 449) tries for their 6th state title and now the largest school Lausanne (337 plus their charter school of 549 for a total 886) beats them after having a team for only 4 years-wow it takes rocket science to figure this stuff out! I wonder where all those huge athletic lineman came from?

Gray fumbled once. Has 35 carries behind a huge line for 175. Is he good? Yes. But Howard behind that same line and give him the Rock 35 times and see what he does with it. Not hating on him. He's good.

Also turnovers are part of the game. Those turnovers were forced. Webb stripped the ball. You didn't just drop it. So to say you dominated the game is asinine. You did dominate our offensive line and that turned out to be the difference of a webb blowout and a close webb loss. Congrats on the win. See y'all next year.

Lausanne deserved the win. Good game plan and execution. Howard if he stays healthy will be a household name someday. This discussion will be long gone. Lol

Congrats to Lausanne.

Boy this game was really hard to see coming-the largest school in D2-A for years (Webb 449) tries for their 6th state title and now the largest school Lausanne (337 plus their charter school of 549 for a total 886) beats them after having a team for only 4 years-wow it takes rocket science to figure this stuff out! I wonder where all those huge athletic lineman came from?

Sour grapes...