D2A State Championship Knox Webb vs. Lausanne

Spartan4Life

KWC - I grew up in the Tri-Cities (product of DBHS) but have lived my adult life here in Memphis since the late 80's.  Don't expect any love from the middle and east TN bloggers as most prefer we left the state and became part of Arkansas!!  It amazes me how many come with preconceived notions and culturally cant handle our great city!   They have disliked and misunderstood Memphis their whole lives - it's not their fault....

We know what's going on here -  a whole lot great things above and beyond football!  As for football, it started yesterday and let's hope it continues with a Saturday SWEEP!!! 

#901 - GRIT and GRIND BABY!!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KWC - I grew up in the Tri-Cities (product of DBHS) but have lived my adult life here in Memphis since the late 80's.  Don't expect any love from the middle and east TN bloggers as most prefer we left the state and became part of Arkansas!!  It amazes me how many come with preconceived notions and culturally cant handle our great city!   They have disliked and misunderstood Memphis their whole lives - it's not their fault....

We know what's going on here -  a whole lot great things above and beyond football!  As for football, it started yesterday and let's hope it continues with a Saturday SWEEP!!! 

And He approves this message

9264646-tony-allen-nba-playoffs-san-anto

Of course I understand control of three LOS is what win games.

That's not the issue. The issue was the proclamation that Mr. Gray was the 5th or 6th best RB in D2-A. The Webb RB was being portrayed as the best that D2-A had to offer.

Now, after the two teams square off, and Mr. Gray's team beat Mr. Howard's team. Also, where, Mr. Gray's performance clearly outshined Mr. Howard's performance, significantly, I might add; then all of a sudden, Mr. Howard is only an eight grader. Now. suddenly, the size of Lausanne's line is the determining factor. Now, all of a sudden, Webb doesn't have the depth that Lausanne has.

Excuse, after excuse, after excuse, ad nauseam.

THEN, to top it all off. You have the unmitigated gall to try and insinuate that Mr. Gray's performance had nothing to do with Lausanne winning the game. I guess he casually strolled through the Webb defense sipping on tea and eating crumpets behind that overwhelmingly huge and dominating Lausanne O-line that he didn't seem to put in the work. Somebody had better confer with th people responsible for giving out the MVP award for the game, because, if memory serves me correctly, I seem to remember them giving that particular award to Mr. Gray.

Let's recap shall we?

Mr. Gray wins the D2-A, Mr. Football, back of the year for 2016, and you co-sign on someone else's assessment that Mr. Gray is probably only the 5th or 6th best in that classification. When asked how that assessment was made, we were told "SEC coaches" said it. (Lol) When it was brought up that these awards are given out by panels that know what they are doing, the rebuttal was ... " these awards are stats drven" (not entirely, case in point, the 2016 2A back of the year is Cordarrian Richardson, and he doesn't have the best stats in 2A, by a large margin, I might add). Then we have a game in which Mr. Gray and Mr. Howard both participate in and not only did Mr. Gray's team win, but his team relied upon his production to win the game ... and as a result, the panel of people who select the MVP selected him, and you sit here and try to say he wasn't why they won the game. Yes his line blocked, but they handed the ball to HIM.

Fine. However, I and most of the people who are reading this thread can see that your opinion is clearly biased and your assessment of Mr. Gray's performance in the game is disingenuous at best.

1. This is a tome.

2. You make the most nonlinear conclusions of anyone I've come across here. It's a sure sign you are in retail sales. Yes?

3. Lunacy is clearly when you keep making subjective arguments yet claim them as fact?

4. Your inability to see Howard as the superior athlete even though two grades younger is mind boggling. You probably never played/coached or are just ignorant.

5. Gloating like a middle school girl doesn't make you look better. Just stop already it's sad.

Congrats to Lausanne! They deserved the win.

KWC - I grew up in the Tri-Cities (product of DBHS) but have lived my adult life here in Memphis since the late 80's. Don't expect any love from the middle and east TN bloggers as most prefer we left the state and became part of Arkansas!! It amazes me how many come with preconceived notions and culturally cant handle our great city! They have disliked and misunderstood Memphis their whole lives - it's not their fault....

We know what's going on here - a whole lot great things above and beyond football! As for football, it started yesterday and let's hope it continues with a Saturday SWEEP!!!

Come on man nobody is bashing Memphis. That is silly. It's a football discussion.

1. This is a tome.

2. You make the most nonlinear conclusions of anyone I've come across here. It's a sure sign you are in retail sales. Yes?

3. Lunacy is clearly when you keep making subjective arguments yet claim them as fact?

4. Your inability to see Howard as the superior athlete even though two grades younger is mind boggling. You probably never played/coached or are just ignorant.

5. Gloating like a middle school girl doesn't make you look better. Just stop already it's sad.

This is going to be interested

1. This is a tome.

What's sad is your insistance that the 8th grader is better when he and his team played against the reigning 2016 D2-A Mr. Football. The responses were excuse after excuse after excuse.

Your proclamaton about Mr. Gray was, and is, the joke. If presenting facts to back up my arguments is gloating, I'm guilty as charged. But your lameness in trying to back up your claims are the most pathetic of all. You couldn't prove water is wet.

You're dimissed.

What's sad is your insistance that the 8th grader is better when he and his team played against the reigning 2016 D2-A Mr. Football. The responses were excuse after excuse after excuse.

Your proclamaton about Mr. Gray was, and is, the joke. If presenting facts to back up my arguments is gloating, I'm guilty as charged. But your lameness in trying to back up your claims are the most pathetic of all. You couldn't prove water is wet.

You're dimissed.

You are a blathering idiot and its now confirmed.

Stay in denial if you want. It's safer that way.

The facts are Howard is bigger faster and stronger as well as two years younger. You referencing subjective awards are child like. It's as if you're using "because" as your go to, rock solid logic. "Because I said so. Because a subjective award was given." It's silly and you literally should stop posting like you even know what talent is. You have provided NOTHING but subjective evidence.

I certainly didn't make excuses because I firmly stand behind my assertion of the two backs. Maybe someone else did?

Keep promoting Memphis and those kids. Keep doing it while not watching film, seeing them in person, or having personal conversations with college coaches. Congrats to Gray and Lausanne but stop this nonsense.

Me e-kicking the crap out of you in this discussion should be embarrassing for you. It's pathetic.

You are a blathering idiot and its now confirmed.

Stay in denial if you want. It's safer that way.

The facts are Howard is bigger faster and stronger as well as two years younger. You referencing subjective awards are child like. It's as if you're using "because" as your go to, rock solid logic. "Because I said so. Because a subjective award was given." It's silly and you literally should stop posting like you even know what talent is. You have provided NOTHING but subjective evidence.

I certainly didn't make excuses because I firmly stand behind my assertion of the two backs. Maybe someone else did?

Keep promoting Memphis and those kids. Keep doing it while not watching film, seeing them in person, or having personal conversations with college coaches. Congrats to Gray and Lausanne but stop this nonsense.

Me e-kicking the crap out of you in this discussion should be embarrassing for you. It's pathetic.

I have never read posts on CoachT more arrogant and condescending  than yours.  If you actually are a coach - and I fear you are - I pity the players under you.

Edited by owlbooster

To paraphrase the CA, the game was a wrestling match not the track match everyone expected. The overall stinginess of the respective defenses was- for the most part- unexpected. Compared to the scores I see know coming from Cookeville, the first game may very well be the best one all weekend. 2-0 for three quarters? Seriously? Hats off to the Lynx. A rematch is in order! 😆