AC Mavericks New Region 2-4A?

92Dragon

T, If AC would have known that Fulton, Carter and Gibbs were going to run off to 5A the day of the deadline, AC would have probably considered it. We just thought we had played Fulton, Carter, Gibbs and that would be our district. When we heard that the Knox Co schools had ran off to 5a, it was a little late as the deadline had passed. That decision by the Knox Co schools was made because it was thought that Alcoa was coming to 4a, and everyone jumped. Alcoa stayed, and everyone else jumped. What choice do we have other than to be excited about playing in the Chattanooga region? Crying about it on a website won't do any good. We are choosing to be excited for our kids as we play some new teams that we have never played before. Would we rather be in the old district with Central, Halls, Powell, Oak Ridge, you bet. But TSSAA allows teams to move up without warning, and we got left as an outlyer. We can't fix that and won't cry about it. We have a very good football team returning. We don't have to be scary in March, we will do that in September, October, and November.

Fulton was already talking 5A before Alcoa even mentioned 4A .. Fulton has had an awful time getting games .. and Carter was feeling the same pressure of not wanting to travel to upper ET if they stayed 4A .. Fulton knew it didn't want to get stuck in a 4 team district .. and try to get 7 non district games was going to be terrible.. no telling where they would have had to go .. nothing to do with Alcoa at all .. Alcoa chose to stop playing Fulton 2013 and 2014 .. Fulton never has shyed away from that .. I'm just glad we don't have to travel to Chattanooga or Elizabethton or anywhere else in upper ET .. but good luck .. AC should have been looking at moving considering the thought of 4 teams in a district but they wanted to stay right where they were .. worked out for then.. easy schedule and don't play Central .. Fulton or KC .. so they got it made .

Howard Hustlin Tigers

T, We ain't calling your team or anyone else bad teams.  We are excited to get to play some new teams.  TadVol says we got easy schedule, I think Fulton has an easy region schedule and should win the region they are in.  Doesn't matter what I or anyone thinks, we still got to go out and play.  AC didn't get it done against Central, Catholic, or Fulton the last two years.  We still think we had a pretty good football team, and had our chances.  AC will always go into any season with high expectations no matter who we play.  If you aren't doing that, then what is the point.  AC wasn't looking to go 5a because we thought we had a district of Fulton, Carter, Seymour and Gibbs.  Why would we want to leave that?  Where is the travel in that district?  I don't see it, and believe that would have been a great district.  Looking forward to coming to Howard, I have never been.  I expect a great game.

Fulton was already talking 5A before Alcoa even mentioned 4A .. Fulton has had an awful time getting games .. and Carter was feeling the same pressure of not wanting to travel to upper ET if they stayed 4A .. Fulton knew it didn't want to get stuck in a 4 team district .. and try to get 7 non district games was going to be terrible.. no telling where they would have had to go .. nothing to do with Alcoa at all .. Alcoa chose to stop playing Fulton 2013 and 2014 .. Fulton never has shyed away from that .. I'm just glad we don't have to travel to Chattanooga or Elizabethton or anywhere else in upper ET .. but good luck .. AC should have been looking at moving considering the thought of 4 teams in a district but they wanted to stay right where they were .. worked out for then.. easy schedule and don't play Central .. Fulton or KC .. so they got it made .

Tadvols. you keep bringing up 2013 1nd 2014 so I decided to see what the fuss is about.

2005 Alcoa 46  Fulton 8

2006 Alcoa 21- Fulton 24

2009 Alcoa 27- Fulton 7

2010 Alcoa 49- Fulton 0

2011 Alcoa 28- Fulton 8

2012 Alcoa 30- Fulton 7

Total Alcoa 201- Fulton 54

Alcoa was better in 2013 than 2012 . In 2013 Alcoa beat Catholic by 42, Fulton beat Catholic by 7.

Fulton score more than 1 TD in only 1 game out of six.

Your are arguments have zero credibility based on objective evidence.

Tadvols. you keep bringing up 2013 1nd 2014 so I decided to see what the fuss is about.

2005 Alcoa 46 Fulton 8

2006 Alcoa 21- Fulton 24

2009 Alcoa 27- Fulton 7

2010 Alcoa 49- Fulton 0

2011 Alcoa 28- Fulton 8

2012 Alcoa 30- Fulton 7

Total Alcoa 201- Fulton 54

Alcoa was better in 2013 than 2012 . In 2013 Alcoa beat Catholic by 42, Fulton beat Catholic by 7.

Fulton score more than 1 TD in only 1 game out of six.

Your are arguments have zero credibility based on objective evidence.

I never mentioned previously played Alcoa games .. I have repeatedly said over and over how good a program Alcoa has and we're better teams in those years you posted .. I don't know where get facts for 2013 .. but yes they beat KC by 7 .. was a fluke on a bad wet field.. KC played outta their mind .. as for the other 14 games .. Fulton beat all others bad bad bad .. never scoring less than 41 points .. they scored 40 against KC without all state running back Darryl Rollins .. so go check you 1 TD in 6 games comment .. Alcoa flat out refused to play in 2013 and 2014 .. and we all know why ..

I never mentioned previously played Alcoa games .. I have repeatedly said over and over how good a program Alcoa has and we're better teams in those years you posted .. I don't know where get facts for 2013 .. but yes they beat KC by 7 .. was a fluke on a bad wet field.. KC played outta their mind .. as for the other 14 games .. Fulton beat all others bad bad bad .. never scoring less than 41 points .. they scored 40 against KC without all state running back Darryl Rollins .. so go check you 1 TD in 6 games comment .. Alcoa flat out refused to play in 2013 and 2014 .. and we all know why ..

The more than 1 TD in 6 games was referring to the 6 Alcoa/Fulton games.so that fact is checked and verified.

The more than 1 TD in 6 games was referring to the 6 Alcoa/Fulton games.so that fact is checked and verified.

like I said previous years have NOTHING TO DO WITH .. 2013 and 2014 .. and AGAIN .. Alcoa was better previous years .. but not 2013 and 2014 .. Rankin knew it too and backed out .. fact is fact .. he saw Fulton freshman trounce Alcoa in 2012 .. he knew Fulton was better and proved it by backing out of games in those years .. at least when Fulton knew Alcoa was better in those 6 years you keep pointing too Fulton still played and didn't run away ..

like I said previous years have NOTHING TO DO WITH .. 2013 and 2014 .. and AGAIN .. Alcoa was better previous years .. but not 2013 and 2014 .. Rankin knew it too and backed out .. fact is fact .. he saw Fulton freshman trounce Alcoa in 2012 .. he knew Fulton was better and proved it by backing out of games in those years .. at least when Fulton knew Alcoa was better in those 6 years you keep pointing too Fulton still played and didn't run away ..

Whats your thought on Central? With Central getting good coaches and goin to state last year. You think Fulton will start losing players to Central?

I would think Fulton will not loose to many to Central, unless Fulton just goes in the tank with a 3-7, 4-6 record, certainly don't think that will happen.

AC should win there region but the travel might be expensive.

Know this is not a UCHS thread, but how is LL and little LL doing in Maynardville.  Have they filled there recruiting needs for this year?

Whats your thought on Central? With Central getting good coaches and goin to state last year. You think Fulton will start losing players to Central?

I dont think that will happen .. Central had ALOT of good Seniors .. dont think they will be as good for sure .. I think its a cycle thing .. I think they will cycle down some .. Fulton I think will stay more consistent but they have those years too where not as good as previous years .. linemen seem to be the thing they have lacked the past 2 to 3 years .. and will be what they lack this next year also .. just no kids in school wanting to play OL  .. everybody wants to be a TE or a LB or a RB etc ... 

I would think Fulton will not loose to many to Central, unless Fulton just goes in the tank with a 3-7, 4-6 record, certainly don't think that will happen.

AC should win there region but the travel might be expensive.

Know this is not a UCHS thread, but how is LL and little LL doing in Maynardville.  Have they filled there recruiting needs for this year?

Dont know but I think they will draw more interest and should be better .. how much better ??