2018 Rankings

GCPioneer

No, once you thought about it and done a little research you figured out I was right. Was there basketball 25 years ago? Yes, was there a showcase every weekend no. So I guess college coaches didn't recruit back then. SMH!!!!! It's amazing we had basketball without a showcase. How? Didn't get seen, HOW?

There were a lot of basketball players that never played basketball 25 years ago too and should have but none knew about them.  Just because that was the way it was doesn't make it the right way. A FEW things have changed in the last 25 years.  One being technology and the other big one being the desire for substantially more kids to want to use sports to get an education. I personally know of several players in other sports that played D1 and wouldn't have if the opportunities and technology existed as it does today.  They were just above average kids.     Just means severalties were't as competitive as they could have been and that sports didn't drive universities like it does today.  You are still wrong!  SMH!!

• 5 weeks later...

OK...... The exposure events are 99% the only way for your kid to get seen by colleges. I coach a pretty Elite AAU team that are Juniors now. College coaches go to these NCAA certified events to watch the girls play. Playing in the upper tiers will definitely get girls noticed if they can play. Hundreds of college coaches walk and sit down to watch the games. They have detailed books on each team and each kid. How the process works is they usually watch sophomores and up with a few exceptions on the elite freshman teams in the country. They find sophomores who they are interested in and begin having a player relationship to get to know the kid. If they like the kid this is where they may travel to watch them in highschool. Period. No college coach travels to a high school unless she is top 100 or they get some tip of how amazing she is on a whim. Exposure basketball now a days is a huge recruiting tool and yes it's expensive but it's the only viable way to have a kid seen. The only other way is to go to a colleges camp. But again they want to watch you play in an AAU event. When you play at the higher tiers in these events you are going against the best athletes... The best coaches... And the college coach can see what abilities each kid has. MartianMan you may not like it but I'm. Telling you it the only way. Not only are these tournament directors making money off the parents and the teams. College coaches pay 700-1000 dollars for the team books!! Which as an AAU coach I have to enter all the detailed info about my team and each girl into the NCAA website. The tournament directors are responsible for printing this information for the teams they have plus the schedules. Another thing... You can get noticed by smaller schools playing in middle tiers because there are some assistants that watch games all day and travel down the path of courts. It only takes 1 good or great game by a kid to get noticed... It takes several to be on the recruiting list... And if they continue to impress they get offers. They will come to high school games but more as a show of how much they are interested in you and to make you believe you should go there. There are times where they may have a kid on the fence and they watch a highschool game to see if they want to Pursue more unless she is a senior. Then it's usually to make an offer. These exposure events are crucial and basically the only way a girl gets noticed unless she is dominating high school and is under the radar.

1 more thing... A highschool coach can promote a kid all they want... But no college is going to pay 1000 dollars traveling to see 1 kid unless she is well known throughout the landscape. They will ask what AAU team does she at for and they contact the coach of that organization and get a schedule. These college coaches can spend the same amount of money to watch thousands of girls at a exposure event as it would to travel and watch 1 highschool game.

Martian has only shook up parents on coacht that are worried about their daughter playing college basketball, or people making a living with aau or showcases. Why would you even reply if you were not one of the two? Yes, to be seen nation wide you must play travel ball. Question? How did girls get basketball scholarships before showcases and evaluations and high mile travel teams? When you answer this question you will be closer to the reason all this has been created. MONEY!

100% correct. Pink Panther has shown me that he has some sort of vested interest in the basketball "game." These lists put out of top players and ranking them are wildly inaccurate. Why? The answer is pretty easy to see.

I'm all for people making $$$ but at least be reasonable when folks question the lists and process. Instead, he goes into full attack mode.

Edited by Playerscoach

Please someone answer this! At each of these TRUE Exposure events there are hundreds of teams that participate! So 1000's of players so lets narrow it down to just Juniors and Sophs because unless you are 6'5 or one of the Elite athletes in the Country they are not watching Freshman and its a joke Showcases even allow 8th grade teams! So I realize in each age group there are different divisions maybe like A,B,C with that being said with these BIG Exposure events how many of these 1000's of young ladies will honestly get offered a full scholarship? Just Curious! 

Please someone answer this! At each of these TRUE Exposure events there are hundreds of teams that participate! So 1000's of players so lets narrow it down to just Juniors and Sophs because unless you are 6'5 or one of the Elite athletes in the Country they are not watching Freshman and its a joke Showcases even allow 8th grade teams! So I realize in each age group there are different divisions maybe like A,B,C with that being said with these BIG Exposure events how many of these 1000's of young ladies will honestly get offered a full scholarship? Just Curious! 

Just pointing out since no colleges are looking at 8th and 9th graders...Stone Memorial has a 9th and 10th grader that both hold offers from Tennessee Tech and interest from several other schools...they were noticed this past summer between 8th and 9th, 9th and 10th...just saying, it does happen. 

Just pointing out since no colleges are looking at 8th and 9th graders...Stone Memorial has a 9th and 10th grader that both hold offers from Tennessee Tech and interest from several other schools...they were noticed this past summer between 8th and 9th, 9th and 10th...just saying, it does happen. [/quote

If that is true, I think that's a NCAA violation. They can say we like you, we are going to keep and eye on you, or even we are interested in bringing you here. But to have an offer is another thing entirely. Tech makes the rounds and tells kids this all the time.

Just pointing out since no colleges are looking at 8th and 9th graders...Stone Memorial has a 9th and 10th grader that both hold offers from Tennessee Tech and interest from several other schools...they were noticed this past summer between 8th and 9th, 9th and 10th...just saying, it does happen. [/quote

If that is true, I think that's a NCAA violation. They can say we like you, we are going to keep and eye on you, or even we are interested in bringing you here. But to have an offer is another thing entirely. Tech makes the rounds and tells kids this all the time.

It's been happening like that for a while with college sports not just woman's basketball. Lebron's son got his first offer at age 10. Webb's RB Howard who was in 8th grade this past year and starting for the Varsity team got an off in 8th grade from UT. They can't take official visits and certain contact with the coaches until their Junior year.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-college-commitments-before-puberty-20150226-story,amp.html