Top 10 in State 2016

owlman1967

Just doing what you guys do kwc - throw some bs rankings up that are Memphis biased and no facts - could care less if you put whithaven at 1 but the order of some of the other just leaves me scratching my head

Really? You didn't see that big Ole hook in that slab of meat? You just had to bite on it, didn't you?

LOL

See, I just gave a polite ... "ok", and just swam on by.

I am just doing what you guys do - there are two Memphis schools ranked in top 10 this year IMO

Whitehaven at number 2 or maybe 3 in the state and Memphis East number 10. Córdova and MUS would be 14 and 15 in my book

BaylorBD:

It's your Top 10. You don't have to defend it against the Whitehaven hoard! Just give what you think is the top 10. Either folk agree or they don't. It's that simple.

Edited by kwc

Just my two cents here...during the MBA-BA game, Steven Hargis, columnist for the Chattanooga Free Press, tweeted "watching the level of talent between these 2 private schools reminds me why public schools won't schedule them anymore."  The gap between D2 and D1 has never been wider than it is right now, and that's why there is a split.  We are playing with COMPLETELY different sets of rules.  There's no comparison, and nor should there be.  Imagine if George Quarles were drawing players from all over the Knoxville area?  Or if kids could follow Creasy to Oakland from anywhere in Rutherford, Davidson, or Sumner Counties?  OR Blade at Independence had 11-12 players from Nashville? Then it would be a fair comparison.

MBA, BA and ENS now all 3 have players from all over Middle TN.  All three have basically unlimited financial aid to give out, and since the TSSAA erased the limit on the # of financial aid recipients who can dress out for football, there are tons of players receiving financial aid playing football.  Take a look at the facilities at those 3 schools, or the number of staff members.  It's like college football.

Whitehaven, Oakland, and Maryville are like Alabama, FSU, and Ohio St.  We are like the NFL...totally different set of rules.

Just my two cents here...during the MBA-BA game, Steven Hargis, columnist for the Chattanooga Free Press, tweeted "watching the level of talent between these 2 private schools reminds me why public schools won't schedule them anymore." The gap between D2 and D1 has never been wider than it is right now, and that's why there is a split. We are playing with COMPLETELY different sets of rules. There's no comparison, and nor should there be. Imagine if George Quarles were drawing players from all over the Knoxville area? Or if kids could follow Creasy to Oakland from anywhere in Rutherford, Davidson, or Sumner Counties? OR Blade at Independence had 11-12 players from Nashville? Then it would be a fair comparison.

MBA, BA and ENS now all 3 have players from all over Middle TN. All three have basically unlimited financial aid to give out, and since the TSSAA erased the limit on the # of financial aid recipients who can dress out for football, there are tons of players receiving financial aid playing football. Take a look at the facilities at those 3 schools, or the number of staff members. It's like college football.

Whitehaven, Oakland, and Maryville are like Alabama, FSU, and Ohio St. We are like the NFL...totally different set of rules.

Whitehaven is Bama, and BA is New England.

Got it.

Whoop ... there it is!

Complete agreement

Just my two cents here...during the MBA-BA game, Steven Hargis, columnist for the Chattanooga Free Press, tweeted "watching the level of talent between these 2 private schools reminds me why public schools won't schedule them anymore." The gap between D2 and D1 has never been wider than it is right now, and that's why there is a split. We are playing with COMPLETELY different sets of rules. There's no comparison, and nor should there be. Imagine if George Quarles were drawing players from all over the Knoxville area? Or if kids could follow Creasy to Oakland from anywhere in Rutherford, Davidson, or Sumner Counties? OR Blade at Independence had 11-12 players from Nashville? Then it would be a fair comparison.

MBA, BA and ENS now all 3 have players from all over Middle TN. All three have basically unlimited financial aid to give out, and since the TSSAA erased the limit on the # of financial aid recipients who can dress out for football, there are tons of players receiving financial aid playing football. Take a look at the facilities at those 3 schools, or the number of staff members. It's like college football.

Whitehaven, Oakland, and Maryville are like Alabama, FSU, and Ohio St. We are like the NFL...totally different set of rules.

yes, it's a shame because it didn't used to be like this.  Privates and Publics used to be a lot more similar than they are today.  The playing field was much more level and our state overall was better for it.  I mean I still root for my alma mater but I really hate what this D2 thing has become...

I don't think anyone will become a boarding school.  I think data has shown over the years that boarding school attendance is way down from previous generations.  I guess anything is possible though.