Wayne County 2017

wildcat89

9 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

How did the Pirates look today? I like to hear perspective what someone other than our Pirate faithful think. 

Didn't get to watch the 7 on 7 as I was watching the lineman but my buddy said they looked good and beat WC by one score in the final. Good looking group of lineman with a lot of spirit, couldn't handle WC in the tug of war though

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, wildcat89 said:

They got another 7 on 7 Thursday morning against Hardin County and Riverside, the first scrimmage is next week in Waverly against Waverly and Union City, not sure of who else WC will be scrimmaging this year. Looked good in the lineman challenge in the one on one drills and won the tug of war against SP

Tug of war?

23 minutes ago, wildcat89 said:

Didn't get to watch the 7 on 7 as I was watching the lineman but my buddy said they looked good and beat WC by one score in the final. Good looking group of lineman with a lot of spirit, couldn't handle WC in the tug of war though

Tug of war? The SP team this year is a young team overall. We seem to have more linemen than usual for us. 

Edited by TheAmbassador

2 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Tug of war? The SP team this year is a young team overall. We seem to have more linemen than usual for us. 

Yes they had a tug of war, it was lots of fun to watch and all the boys really got into it. SP had a good number of lineman and some good looking younger lineman, a few freshman lineman caught my eye, gonna be a good group

2 hours ago, Rings said:

Well?  Thoughts on the first day in pads?

I liked what I saw, lots of big bodies up front and the speed WC has in the backfield is going to give other teams a fit. QB's arm has gotten much stronger and his decision making running the veer is near perfect. Lots of hard hitting, they got after it every play. Your thoughts?

2 hours ago, wildcat89 said:

I liked what I saw, lots of big bodies up front and the speed WC has in the backfield is going to give other teams a fit. QB's arm has gotten much stronger and his decision making running the veer is near perfect. Lots of hard hitting, they got after it every play. Your thoughts?

Looking forward to the season. There's lots of talent. Strength and speed are two good things in football as we have both. Not to mention, coaches that will put us in good situations. They know what we got, but just seem real humble when you ask them about expectations on the upcoming year. Should be a good year. 

1 hour ago, Rings said:

Looking forward to the season. There's lots of talent. Strength and speed are two good things in football as we have both. Not to mention, coaches that will put us in good situations. They know what we got, but just seem real humble when you ask them about expectations on the upcoming year. Should be a good year. 

Couldn't agree more. Also I was impressed with several of the younger boys and our numbers looks like it's going to be around 60 again

3 hours ago, Lacesout said:

Ready to see y'all roll back into Waverly. Always a good competitive bunch of boys and coaches. 

The boys always get some good work in at the Waverly scrimmage, two tough teams to scrimmage against only make our boys better, hope I get to make it this year