Wayne County 2017

wildcat89

My take from coaches that we are a little further along where they thought we would be at this point. Some younger kids have really stepped up and are making their hold on starting positions which is creating some friendly competition in certain areas. On defense, we got work to do in the back 7 but from all reports, it's coming along. Seems like a lot of experimenting go on, but that's what you do this time of year. Special teams, who knows??!!!!! Offensively, we are clicking. Got athleticism from all 11 and then some on that side of ball. It's making me shake my head when I hear this stuff from all the talent we lost last year. Maybe it's coaching? 

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, panvik said:

Heard that Waverly pretty well dominated the scrimmage.  Took their starters out after 2 series and Wayne County only scored once.  That came from a Waverly Father and side line assistant.

Our guys felt really good about the scrimmage from what I know.  I'm sure they will have a good year. 

3 hours ago, Rings said:

My take from coaches that we are a little further along where they thought we would be at this point. Some younger kids have really stepped up and are making their hold on starting positions which is creating some friendly competition in certain areas. On defense, we got work to do in the back 7 but from all reports, it's coming along. Seems like a lot of experimenting go on, but that's what you do this time of year. Special teams, who knows??!!!!! Offensively, we are clicking. Got athleticism from all 11 and then some on that side of ball. It's making me shake my head when I hear this stuff from all the talent we lost last year. Maybe it's coaching? 

Coaching for you guys is a HUGE plus. Hard nosed and very disaplined. My kind of football. I'm a far away fan.

18 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Sounds like Wayne County is loaded again. I believe the west will come down to them and Huntingdon. 

I'm sure they have us circled on their schedule just a we do them. The games are always intense. This year should be no different as both will be fielding very good teams. I still think we hold the upper hand on them even though we have to go there again this year which is back to back years. I think we just out coach them and put our guys in the right spot to win. Hopefully we continue that success but not going to be a picnic.