Union City versus Mayfield KY 2017

ysoangry

4 hours ago, ZEBRA35 said:

Mustang fan here. How is this year's UC team compared to years past?

As Bigswo alluded to, this year's team is very comparable to the 2009 team. Tough and gritty. Not a 2014 type team by any stretch of the imagination, but a good one none the less.

Edited by fallguy17

Nobody was stopping Dresden last year!!! Really feels good to say that. lol But I would have loved to see a UC v Dresden game if UC was at full strength (Scribner was a freak).  Still say this will be a great game to attend. If UC plays there type of football game and execute it well the easiest way to describe it is a very frustrating game for defenses. Not pretty but very hard to stop.  

50 minutes ago, ysoangry said:

Nobody was stopping Dresden last year!!! Really feels good to say that. lol But I would have loved to see a UC v Dresden game if UC was at full strength (Scribner was a freak).  Still say this will be a great game to attend. If UC plays there type of football game and execute it well the easiest way to describe it is a very frustrating game for defenses. Not pretty but very hard to stop.  

You are correct. I told some of my Lion friends not too long ago that team was a freak of nature.lol. Our offense is not flashy, about as exciting as watching paint dry, but it is highly effective. We would have given your Lions a much better fight had we been 100%.

http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-football-high/courier-journal-preseason-350785.html

Just goes to show that you really can't go by preseason rankings. They put the CARDS at #5 cause we lost a few young men well like I said the cards don't rebuild we reload the talent is there the confidence is there the coaching is there we will be the power house team we have been just under the radar at 5 until you get us on the field and remember the times you have played the cards and realize we will always be the MIGHTY CARDINALS 

1980 thanks for the well wishes and likewise to your Cardinals.  I hope both teams can start the season AND FINISH the season at full strength.  We will have our hands full tonight that is for sure.  

I know that we came out in the spring at #1 but honestly I would have preferred being back a little further.  Number 6 would have been fine with me.  I don't put a lot of stock in that pre-season polling stuff even if it has my Tornadoes in the top spot. Either way we have a lot to prove over the next couple of weeks.  I plan on posting an update later.  I was wondering if you would do the same.  I promise to keep it real.  No blowing anything up.  Just simple truth.