My Take On The State Championships

BoardHater71

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the coming months. Do you have any prediction on who has the best shot of unseating Cookeville?

No prediction from me. I've heard Clarksville is really making an effort to get the games. Not to say ChattTown or Cookeville isn't but I think or at least I hope that the TSSAA knows its time to award someone else. Austin Peay has just completed about 19 million $ in upgrades from what I understand. 

Nashville vandy commodore stadium as the best appropriate sized and centrally located stadium. Fans are closer to the field. MTSU would be 2nd choice. Cookeville TTU stands not much more than big high school stands and way off the field.

Edited by Atlas

Why would be my question? Nashville to far to drive?

Nashville and Murfreesboro didn't submit any bid to host the games.  I'm not sure why. One can only speculate as to why.  Could it be they didn't think it would be cost feasible?  Does the winner of the bid kick back money to get to host?  I have no idea why. Could it be that Cookeville makes the mininum bid and gets to host to take a smaller % of what can be made? Anyone's guess is just as bad as mine.

Nashville and Murfreesboro didn't submit any bid to host the games. I'm not sure why. One can only speculate as to why. Could it be they didn't think it would be cost feasible? Does the winner of the bid kick back money to get to host? I have no idea why. Could it be that Cookeville makes the mininum bid and gets to host to take a smaller % of what can be made? Anyone's guess is just as bad as mine.

So you're saying Chattanooga and Clarksville also submitted bids? Did Memphis submit one? That would be an experience for us.