My Take On The State Championships

BoardHater71

not that marion punts a lot, but if that had been forrest or someone, there's no play that play gets screwed up. it was mind boggling were they that tight?

I've replayed that scenario over and over trust me. It's easy for me to second guess the play call especially knowing how it turned out now. After stepping away from it without all the emotion of losing a day or two later here's my take. We haven't punted well all year. If we punt it's from our own endzone and Trez gets it probably around the 30-35. That's 4 down territory with a D1 running back. Our defense was coming back on the field with a couple starters out. Coach Mathis knows his team a lot better than me and went on that. The play was there but I believe a PI was missed but it is what it is. The kids had a heckuva season and enjoyed the ride. These seniors played under 3 different head coaches. This was a special class of kids and there's more to come.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've replayed that scenario over and over trust me. It's easy for me to second guess the play call especially knowing how it turned out now. After stepping away from it without all the emotion of losing a day or two later here's my take. We haven't punted well all year. If we punt it's from our own endzone and Trez gets it probably around the 30-35. That's 4 down territory with a D1 running back. Our defense was coming back on the field with a couple starters out. Coach Mathis knows his team a lot better than me and went on that. The play was there but I believe a PI was missed but it is what it is. The kids had a heckuva season and enjoyed the ride. These seniors played under 3 different head coaches. This was a special class of kids and there's more to come.

More to come? Good grief we were hoping you boys would be down for a few years. You had a great 4 year run. I'd just like to go on record for this senior class at Marion. I was better predicting your games than SP. LMBO. 2013 I said 8-2 with losses to Central, SP and Trousdale in quarterfinals. 2014 I said 10-0 and they would be state runner up. I missed the Central loss. 2015 I predicted 10-0 and state runner up to Trez. I missed the Boyd loss. 2016 I predicted 10-0 and state runner up to Trez. I missed the SP loss. I incorrectly picked only 3 games over the past four seasons. I must be a warrior at heart. LMBO. J/K of course. Edited by TheAmbassador

More to come? Good grief we were hoping you boys would be down for a few years. You had a great 4 year run. I'd just like to go on record for this senior class at Marion. I was better predicting your games than SP. LMBO. 2013 I said 8-2 with losses to Central, SP and Trousdale in quarterfinals. 2014 I said 10-0 and they would be state runner up. I missed the Central loss. 2015 I predicted 10-0 and state runner up to Trez. I missed the Boyd loss. 2016 I predicted 10-0 and state runner up to Trez. I missed the SP loss. I incorrectly picked only 3 games over the past four seasons. I must be a warrior at heart. LMBO. J/K of course.

Your secret is safe with me lol

More to come? Good grief we were hoping you boys would be down for a few years. You had a great 4 year run. I'd just like to go on record for this senior class at Marion. I was better predicting your games than SP. LMBO. 2013 I said 8-2 with losses to Central, SP and Trousdale in quarterfinals. 2014 I said 10-0 and they would be state runner up. I missed the Central loss. 2015 I predicted 10-0 and state runner up to Trez. I missed the Boyd loss. 2016 I predicted 10-0 and state runner up to Trez. I missed the SP loss. I incorrectly picked only 3 games over the past four seasons. I must be a warrior at heart. LMBO. J/K of course.

Barney we all no you are a wanna be Jasperlite. You and your love affair with the SOS proved it. You think im joking but im not.

Maybe my geography is off but isn't Clarksville more West Tn right on KY line? What am I missing? That is centrally located? About as central as Chatanooga, lol!

Not terribly bad east to west...north/south it's bad. Not easy to get there from the west either, but the drive should be secondary to the experience for the kids and fans.