My Take On The State Championships

BoardHater71

Wouldn't Clarksville be more of a mid state area than Cookeville?  Cookeville has a direct link with I-40, Chattanooga and Clarksville have a direct link with I-24 and Chattanooga also has a direct link with I-75.  If coming from West Tenn. I'm guessing their is a problem with a direct link to Clarksville.

Cookeville has done a very good job with the games but there stadium is run down.  Chattanooga has hosted National Championship games in the past, early 2000's, and I haven't visited there stadium in a while.  Both of those stadiums are larger than Clarksville's.  Clarksville has the newest stadium of the 3 but when I looked at the website it said 2 different seating arrangements, 7000 and 8000.  From the looks of the games from this past weekend, I thought TTU was well over half full for some of the games which would put it ahead of Clarksville.

The absolute best site is Nashville/Vanderbilt.  Close to hotels/restaurants.  If playing at Titans Stadium I can see where that might be a problem, natural grass would not be good if rain like we have had the last 2-3 days and having to play a pro game the next week.  We don't we build a domed stadium and that way, no weather problems at all, except maybe driving if a blizzard comes the first weekend in Dec every year!

Edited by devilsden

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't Clarksville be more of a mid state area than Cookeville?  Cookeville has a direct link with I-40, Chattanooga and Clarksville have a direct link with I-24 and Chattanooga also has a direct link with I-75.  If coming from West Tenn. I'm guessing their is a problem with a direct link to Clarksville.

Yes, Clarksville is more mid state than Cookeville.  How is there a problem coming from Memphis? You hop on 24 and you are there in 45 mins. Otherwise, you have an hour and 45 with no traffic, probably more like 2.5 hours to get to Cookeville.

I think the only reason we lost this game is because our players got hurt in the fourth quarter. We had a good chance to win it. Coach was going to use some new plays and at least one or two would have worked.  We still have a good team and our coach coaches really hard the entire game. He will be a real good coach for a long time.

FEAR THE WING, FEAR THE TEAM, FEAR THE BEARD 2017!

I know I am going to open a can of worms. If the season would be backed one week, then the state chanmpionships would be played when the college football conference championships wouldt interfere. I know basketball is going on.Does one remember the games with over 20,000 at the games. This could happen again if the season would be backed one week, and not dealing with the heat as well.

I wish I could have seen those "good plays" LMBO

I do too. 26-20 ballgame with 8 min to go. Not saying we could have drove it to score but losing Zeman kinda let the air out of the kids. I know of one play that would have probably been used had Zeman been in, but it just wasn't in the cards. As long as all the kids left healthy I am ok with silver. I also believe the "heads up" by the Trez player to not move may have taken some of the negative stigma off the Bears from previous years (or at least I hope it has).  Trez has a good team and will do well in 3A. We have a good group of kids and coaching staff. We won't disappear next year.

Edited by PurplePower68

Personally if Clarksville holds 8000 I think that would give the games a great atmosphere. The stands being full would provide a Friday night atmosphere.

To me that would be more of a concern than the location. Ideally a centralized location would be great, but there are other factors more important. Turf is a must...grass won't stand up to that many games in that time period. Stands need to seat 7,500 to 12,000 to accommodate everyone, yet not feel empty. Parking and facilities need to be adequate at worst.