Gibson County vs Greenfield (Round 1- 12/13/2016)

SuperFan14A

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that statement still kinda funny ?? Chloe had 25 points against that pressure. Kid works non-stop on her ball handling. She made it look easy.

First of all, congrats to Greenfield. Moore is a player and a play maker. This team is a lot better than I thought. GC didn't play that well at times, but not taking anything away from the Jackets. I predict it'll bit a barn burner come tourney time. 

When you hit 11-16 from the three point stripe and GC is given outside looks and not taking them, that is what happens. GC is going to have to have some three point offense to make a run this year. With GC's front court being the strength, their is going to be open looks outside with teams sagging down. If I was Coach Wilkins, I would start getting my best shooters on the floor. When you play good shooting teams, you have to match them with good shooting. Having good defensive players on the floor that can't shoot will get you beat all day when you play teams that can shoot. Erin Lannom's outside game is a big reason we made it to the state finale last year.

Edited by pioneer42

When you hit 11-16 from the three point stripe and GC is given outside looks and not taking them, that is what happens. GC is going to have to have some three point offense to make a run this year. With GC's front court being the strength, their is going to be open looks outside with teams sagging down. If I was Coach Wilkins, I would start getting my best shooters on the floor. When you play good shooting teams, you have to match them with good shooting. Having good defensive players on the floor that can't shoot will get you beat all day when you play teams that can shoot. Erin Lannom's outside game is a big reason we made it to the state finale last year.

Great post. Someone is going to have step it up outside. The youth will grow up as the season goes on. Don't expect to see that result next time. 

Great post. Someone is going to have step it up outside. The youth will grow up as the season goes on. Don't expect to see that result next time.

These are the kind of games you run into in the state. Great shooting teams like South Green, Pickett County that can also score down low as well. We loss by 13 last night to a team that out scored us 33-9 from three point land. If we hit four more threes it could have been a 1 point game. GC's major strength is it's front court, but if we don't start scoring some threes we will not be in Murfreesboro. And as for Greenfield, the Moore kid is outstanding as well as Darby and the other kid that hit all the threes. I give them a ton of credit and they have a bright future. I will say this about them. They will need some more front court scoring to make a state run themselves. You got to have both up there. You live and die by the three. Edited by pioneer42