Let's scrap wrestling dual-meet tourneys and quad

CoachT

There's goods and bads for every idea. But to reply in the negative here
1) most teams currently in TN average filling 9 of 14(which is ridiculously too many) weight classes. So half the matches are nothing but forfiets.
2) Many coaches move people around to attempt to strategize in order to win the match, thus preventing the good head to head match ups people want to see
3) similar to #2 coaches simply forfiet to the opposing studs to prevent the other team from gaining mental momentum
4) In a tight dual meet match many wrestlers are coached just to stall and not get pinned. Maybe it's me, but there just seems something very wrong in celebrating someone for just not stalling out.

Premier teams should keep their prerogative. Quads and dual tourneys are the only way we menials get mat time for our newbs. We start over every year. We put in a feeder program last year, but it'll be 5 years or more until we become competitive with those that MAY want to host a single dual. Don't get me wrong. We will travel anywhere and take a whooping from anyone to get better. It doesn't improve the program that we wrestle though when they win ??-00 and the match is over in :45 minutes. At this point, the only way WE can get better is to use other teams to get 5 matches in a day for our scrubs instead of them getting pinned in less than a minute in an individual tourney. Mat time =.....??? This is Coach Mark Lamberth from White House. I've no shame for where I'm from. We are building a program the right way. At some point we may be a program that can look down on teams that want to build through dual tourneys. Until then, we will be a team that uses dual tourneys to improve our program to make our menials better. Mat time =...,,...

• Upvote 1

Truth be told, I wish we'd scrap Folkstyle wrestling all together. I like the dual meet/team aspect of the sport though. I always liked the idea of doing 7 freestyle and 7 Greco matches to make up a dual. One would pick freestyle or Greco and their weight, wrestle off and stay there all season long. I think as a country we need to completely scrap folkstyle.

• Upvote 1

Truth be told, I wish we'd scrap Folkstyle wrestling all together. I like the dual meet/team aspect of the sport though. I always liked the idea of doing 7 freestyle and 7 Greco matches to make up a dual. One would pick freestyle or Greco and their weight, wrestle off and stay there all season long. I think as a country we need to completely scrap folkstyle.

ive been saying this for years. The high school level needs to be freestyle/greco. Idk about scrapping folkstyle completely..but i think on a competitive level we should use free and greco. Have folkstyle tournaments just like we have freestyle and greco tournaments now. But as far as in season goes...it should be free and greco
  • Upvote 1