Memphis East..

terop

Memphis East advanced tonight to the championship game of the prestigious City of Palms Classic. This tourney is always loaded with great teams. They will face Montverde for the championship tomorrow. Also I believe they will play Montverde in the Penny Classic coming up in a few weeks.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be big for them to win it all. It'll help them get into the dick's sporting good tourney after the season. East plays so well as a team they may not have been the most talented teams at the city of palms but they mesh as well as any team. They were also the only public school to advance to the final 4 so thats a big feat also. Montverde will be a tough one but I can't see East losing to them twice.  

I was there for 3 days of the tourney but had to leave the morning to the finals to come back and practice my own team, but East was one of the most well-coached teams down there. They are talented yes, but not overly talented compared to the teams down there. I go down most every year. East & Brentwood Academy along with probably Hudson Catholic out of New Jersey was the best coached teams there. I haven't seen the final game online yet, but normally Montverde gets the benefit of the doubt with the officiating down there. I don't really understand it as they have the most talent and shouldn't get any help but they do. Maybe the officials are intimidated by Kevin Boyle their coach who is very outspoken. Don't get me wrong he is a great coach as well which makes them all the more difficult to beat. I met Penny in the hallway of our motel and introduced myself & we talked a brief few minutes. Very nice person, very down to earth. I was a fan of East after that convo my 2nd morning there. 

I was there for 3 days of the tourney but had to leave the morning to the finals to come back and practice my own team, but East was one of the most well-coached teams down there. They are talented yes, but not overly talented compared to the teams down there. I go down most every year. East & Brentwood Academy along with probably Hudson Catholic out of New Jersey was the best coached teams there. I haven't seen the final game online yet, but normally Montverde gets the benefit of the doubt with the officiating down there. I don't really understand it as they have the most talent and shouldn't get any help but they do. Maybe the officials are intimidated by Kevin Boyle their coach who is very outspoken. Don't get me wrong he is a great coach as well which makes them all the more difficult to beat. I met Penny in the hallway of our motel and introduced myself & we talked a brief few minutes. Very nice person, very down to earth. I was a fan of East after that convo my 2nd morning there. 

Good stuff...I figured East will get the calls here so East will get revenge! If you got the chance to see Collin Sexton what are your thoughts??

• 2 weeks later...

Memphis East advanced tonight to the championship game of the prestigious City of Palms Classic. This tourney is always loaded with great teams. They will face Montverde for the championship tomorrow. Also I believe they will play Montverde in the Penny Classic coming up in a few weeks.

East loses to Monteverde in the championship game of the prestigious City of Palms Classic. However, this would not be the only meeting between these two stellar high school  basketball programs.

Edited by kwc